• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Scout or CA-Thoughts on for a RemAge build?

ghostrider272

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2020
North of here
Ordered a RemAge barrel now deciding which action to use. Have both a LH Stiller Scout and a LH Christensen Arms. Was hoping to get some insight from those with experience on which is the better to use. I'm not looking to buy another action, just use what I have and possibly sell the other. Rifle will be chambered for 6 mm BR. Have a modified mag box set up and ready to go.

IMO Stiller.

This much I know, CA bolt handles are welded on and Stillers of current production are 1 piece.

I like the side mount bolt release more on the Stiller than the CA but haven't had either not perform as designed.

Stiller receiver scope base is 8-40 and pinned.

CA takes a "standard" Remington scope base @ 6-48 along with round ring and curved/flat bridge so there is a stronger possibility of uneven heights a-la factory M700.

Granted the screw/pin/uneven ring-bridge can be corrected by a competent riflesmith but IMO the Stiller is more turn-key.

Good luck with your build!