• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Spectre

HKpirate

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
Chardon,Ohio
southingtonhuntclub.com
Looking at picking up a Stiller Spectre action as the title says seems like everyone is on the tac30/300 side of stillers actions. Does anyone have any feedback with this action of course its a stiller action and will be quality. Yet since it is relatively new just wanted to make sure there were no issues my gun smith has one laying in the shop I may just grab to put a .260 build together. A comparison between the tac30 would also be nice.

I have a spectre and it shoots great. Sub-.5 Moa, smooth and looks cool. It fits perfectly in my ax chassis. If you are going with a more traditional stock, you can save a couple of dollars and go with the tac 30. The spectre is cut for AI and AW mags, and is cut so it fits chassis stocks better. It does have the integrated 20moa rail, probably makes the action a little more ridged. I doubt you will notice any accuracy difference.

I've built on several Tac 30's and they all shot great. I have a Spectre sitting in the safe now to do a future build on. The only functional difference I note between them is the Integral rail on the Spectre. I expect it to do as well as any of the other Stiller actions I' have.

HK pirate hello,
I have one on a 223 build, not sure what stock your looking at but I'm pretty sure that the XLR Element chassis won't fit unless there are mods done to the chassis, not sure about the other XLR. I have 2 KRG W3 chassis & it will go on one of them, then my Bighorn with go on the Element. But it cycles nice can't speak of how it really shoots cause haven't put a round through it yet.
Good luck with your build.

Toni