• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller Tac 30 group buy??

Idaknow

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2013
Does anyone know if there is going to be a stiller group buy anytime soon? I was planning on just gettin one from bugholes but if there is a group buy comin up here in the next few months I could wait if it will save me a few bucks. Thanks

They've had problems with the bolt stop breaking. I'd make sure the bolt stop has been redesigned before purchasing one. Not sure if you are aware of that.

They've had problems with the bolt stop breaking. I'd make sure the bolt stop has been redesigned before purchasing one. Not sure if you are aware of that.

I haven't heard of this happening recently. I've had a TAC30 for about 2 years without any problems.

The last group buy was well over a year ago. So many got in on it that it swamped Stiller and deadlines were pushed out. It really jammed them up and shipments were delayed - something that Stiller wanted to avoid. I don't think it was something Stiller wants to repeat again any time soon. They still have a backlog - so why create more. Just my two cents.

Thats kinda funny, I haven't heard about that either. Then mine broke last weekend. Called AO who built the barreled action and they said they have never heard of any of the issues. I should have a new bolt stop assy on the way though. Have they determined what is causing them to lock up? Sorry this is a bit off topic but i didnt know they were having issues.

Its good to go, rumor got started because someone well known in the industry made a comment based around redesigning it.

I was not aware of any issues with them, that's why I had settled on a tac 30 for my build. That and Bugholes has them in stock. This is the first bad feedback I have gotten about Stiller. Are the Predator bolt stops braking?

Last edited:
Just don't worry about it at all. Promise you!!!
I was not aware of any issues with them, that's why I had settled on a tac 30 for my build. That and Bugholes has them in stock. This is the first bad feedback I have gotten about Stiller. Are the Predator bolt
stops braking?

So it sounds like a group buy in the near future is pretty darn unlikely? What was the cost of a tac 30 during the last one?

I have a Predator in 300 WM with about 400 rounds down range. Zero problems the action is as smooth and reliable as any other on the market.
Buy with confidence!

Ditto. I have a TAC 300 and the craftsmanship is beautiful. The function is flawless and the service was outstanding.
Call Russ and Be assured that you're getting a first rate product.