• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stiller TAC 30 in an AICS

radmcg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2008
Mobile, AL
Will the Tac 30 drop in an AICS or is there relief work to be done ie the bolt release? Does it matter if you have straight bolt handle or angled or will either work?
AHA
Rad

Re: Stiller TAC 30 in an AICS

Ya mean like this one?

ReloadingStuff001.jpg

IIRC, the recoil lug area needed opened up a touch, as the lug is thicker than a stock Remington by about 0.050 or so. I put a Jewell HVR trigger on mine, so the area around the trigger needed opening up a fair bit. Luckily a local 'gunsmith' had a milling machine handy so it didn't take long at all.

As far as I can remember, the bolt handle area didn't need any relieving, and the bolt release is up far enough it wasn't any problem.

Re: Stiller TAC 30 in an AICS

Thanks melmilanuk. I have heard they have opened the trigger area on the new ones? I have a .300 recoil lug so that was going to have to be done anyway. The bolt release was mainly what I was worried about. Great looking rifle is that a palma contour?
Thanks for the help
Rad