• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stiller wraith actions?

Sorry it took me a while to respond I have been busy with work. I have one of the new Stiller Wraith Actions. In fact one of the first ones off the production line SN 001. The action itself is octagonal and still has a drop in 700 footprint. It has a 20 MOA integral rail and recoil lug. The bolt release has been beefed up from previous actions so it no longer has the stiller curse of busting roll pins upon hard running of the bolt. This is something that has been fixed on the tac30's as well. The bolt has a DLC finish I'm not entirely sure which actual brand name coating it is, however it is very slick and does not bind inside the action. I had the opportunity to run it in a NRL match this month and was very pleased with the performance of the action. If you have any specific questions about the action I would be happy to answer those for you. Attached is a photo of my wraith used in the match.

Attachments

• 73372238_1238550643004023_84873926773047296_o.jpg
    73372238_1238550643004023_84873926773047296_o.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: 6brshooter
i think a lot of people are gonna have a very hard time spending that coin on a stiller versus something with known reputation and prefit barrels etc etc

Stiller actions has been around for a long time. We are moving forward with new products that are designed with feedback from the community. As far as reputation SOCOM and the USMC both use Stiller Actions in the Mk13 sniper rifle which is currently forward deployed in active combat zones. We are looking into doing Stillers with prefits from a few distributors. If you have ideas or suggestions you would like to see in a action please post them so we can provide the community with a product that they want.

@nick.baz i'm familiar with some of the upcoming projects Stiller is working on.

didn't intend to say it's a bad product. but there's a lot of competition now and things like prefit barrels show a lot about how the action is machined and whether it's tight enough to order from any smith and the tenon print

website updates would be huge. the paragraph doesnt tell me much about it compared to the Terminus website for example. those are the things that people look at. two half pictures of a naked action dont do much to sell and leave A LOT to question

Reactions: Dirty D
No offense taken. I appreciate all of the feedback everyone provided it helps us provide a better product for the community.

Reactions: bassmaster07
Action looks nice but your in Impact pricing zone and that’s no good.

IMO it’s too expensive and should be lowered.

I am glad to see you all making new actions though. A buddy has a TAC 30 with probably 100K cycles on it and it’s very nice.

Sorry it took me a while to respond I have been busy with work. I have one of the new Stiller Wraith Actions. In fact one of the first ones off the production line SN 001. The action itself is octagonal and still has a drop in 700 footprint. It has a 20 MOA integral rail and recoil lug. The bolt release has been beefed up from previous actions so it no longer has the stiller curse of busting roll pins upon hard running of the bolt. This is something that has been fixed on the tac30's as well. The bolt has a DLC finish I'm not entirely sure which actual brand name coating it is, however it is very slick and does not bind inside the action. I had the opportunity to run it in a NRL match this month and was very pleased with the performance of the action. If you have any specific questions about the action I would be happy to answer those for you. Attached is a photo of my wraith used in the match.

nick.baz I am wondering if you could state exactly what Stiller has changed the TAC30 bolt release and when they started making the improvement? Is there a S/N you know of where the improvement started? Can any older actions be retrofitted to the improved modifications?
Thanks for any info you can give on this!

Still hoping for a rundown of features and specs. Maybe send some out into the wild for guys to run and report back on

@b6graham the wraith's that myself and Chas Bales have are pre production models. The final tweaks went into the production models that are coming out now. So its not surprising you haven't seen many in the wild yet. The website is getting a overhaul with all of the features and specs for all actions. Is there anything in particular I can answer for you? It has a integral recoil lug and 20 MOA rail. True 700 drop in footprint. Any technical specs I can get from Dale and send to you.

@LCHDR I spoke to Dale about your questions and this was his response for them. 1. Unfortunately there is not a serial model designation for the new design. The first design change was a failure they attempted to change the hole of the bolt stop so that the energy was transfered from the stop to the body and not the roll pin. It failed because if it really took a beating the front would get pulled down into the slot and sick ( I hope this makes sense). The new models feature a redesigned hole and a stronger pin. 2. Yes the old models can be retrofitted to fix the issue. I hope this answered your questions.

@Bugholes if that's Russ posting you knew about the Wraith.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runnineh
@b6graham the wraith's that myself and Chas Bales have are pre production models. The final tweaks went into the production models that are coming out now. So its not surprising you haven't seen many in the wild yet. The website is getting a overhaul with all of the features and specs for all actions. Is there anything in particular I can answer for you? It has a integral recoil lug and 20 MOA rail. True 700 drop in footprint. Any technical specs I can get from Dale and send to you.

@LCHDR I spoke to Dale about your questions and this was his response for them. 1. Unfortunately there is not a serial model designation for the new design. The first design change was a failure they attempted to change the hole of the bolt stop so that the energy was transfered from the stop to the body and not the roll pin. It failed because if it really took a beating the front would get pulled down into the slot and sick ( I hope this makes sense). The new models feature a redesigned hole and a stronger pin. 2. Yes the old models can be retrofitted to fix the issue. I hope this answered your questions.

Didnt know chas was running one.

Bolt size
Extractor
Ejector
Finishes/coatings
Bolt disassembly
Firing pin size
Cocking percentages
Barrel threads
Bolt throw
Lug thickness
Tolerances/prefit options

@b6graham I'll get that information from Dale for you. Chas has one getting spun up in 6 creed. Do you know him personally or just from Warhorse?

Every Stiller I've ever handled felt gritty when new, and even when well broken in it still feels like the bolt "grabs" the action if you put the slightest amount of pressure on the bolt in any direction but straight back.

Was visiting a friend today who was a 408 Stiller action and was reminded of this. Has thousands of rounds down it, but damn was that bolt ever "grabby". Was well lubed as well. Laying behind the rifle playing with it and it was unimpressive.

If Stiller can reduce the grittyness and bolt binding of their actions they would be more compelling. Not sure if this new action addresses this, but it sure would be nice if it did.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is a charge to do this? If so, how much. I assume the action would have to be refinished after the machining. LCHDR

i think a lot of people are gonna have a very hard time spending that coin on a stiller versus something with known reputation and prefit barrels etc etc
I realize that you probably didn’t mean this as you wrote it, but Stiller has been around much longer than most of these so called known reputation actions.
I have been running a TAC 30 AW for 9 years now with many tens of thousands of cycles on it and more than a few barrels. Mine was less than $1000 new. It has never gone down nor failed me and I run the bolt hard and fast.
I’d buy another Stiller no problem.

Reactions: Cbass1019
I realize that you probably didn’t mean this as you wrote it, but Stiller has been around much longer than most of these so called known reputation actions.
I have been running a TAC 30 AW for 9 years now with many tens of thousands of cycles on it and more than a few barrels. Mine was less than $1000 new. It has never gone down nor failed me and I run the bolt hard and fast.
I’d buy another Stiller no problem.
right. they have been around a long long long time. but how many people run them compared to the new stuff? it doesn't seem like they have done much to evolve as the market has changed just like another company that starts with an R. part of that is marketing and the cool kid stuff im sure too

Reactions: lash
Somewhat older thread but I'm not finding much else on the Wraith. Anyone else get one? What are your thoughts? I know almost nothing about Stillers, but it seems the TAC series require a scope mount and recoil lug to be added, where the Wraith not only includes them but they are one piece with the action. Are tennon threads and headspacing all the same? From the website it looks like Stiller's are probably more of a push round feed with spring type ejector (R700 style)?

The tac has the 700 ejector, and the lug does come with the action, just not a part of the action. You are correct about the base, it has to be purchased separately.

Reactions: archangel485
If I haven’t said this already here in this thread, let me just say that the Stiller TAC actions give up little to the newer “super duper” actions out there. I have one from somewhere about 2008/9 that has mucho thousands of rounds through it (over 10,000 just from me and I bought it used from an active pre-PRS competitor). I still use it regularly without a hitch.

I would not hesitate to buy a Stiller product ever.

If I haven’t said this already here in this thread, let me just say that the Stiller TAC actions give up little to the newer “super duper” actions out there. I have one from somewhere about 2008/9 that has mucho thousands of rounds through it (over 10,000 just from me and I bought it used from an active pre-PRS competitor). I still use it regularly without a hitch.

I would not hesitate to buy a Stiller product ever.
Have you run it in extremely dirty conditions where your action is full of dirt? Any issues?

Do you think it's worth the extra$125 to go with a wraith and have the recoil lug and pic rail be integral to the action?

Thanks for the replies!

Have you run it in extremely dirty conditions where your action is full of dirt? Any issues?

Do you think it's worth the extra$125 to go with a wraith and have the recoil lug and pic rail be integral to the action?

Thanks for the replies!

I have with my tac30 that I purchased in 2011 or so. I use it as my “do all” gun and my action is cake full of dust nearly every time I go shoot and I haven’t had any issues.
Like Lash, I’m really happy with my Tac30 purchase also and It’s something I won’t part ways with.
As to the integral lug and base, that’s your call. I’ve never had a base move or come loose and the recoil lug is double pinned on mine. If I was swapping barrels frequently, I would probably prefer everything integral.

My opinion and experience parallels that of @Bandit31. I also think that an extra $125 for the integral lug and rail are a relative bargain.

Precision rifle shooters are lucky right now and have a lot of great choices for actions and all other gear. Very few poor choices out there right now.

I got to check out the wraith for a minute at a match back at the end of 2019, it was pretty sweet and the bolt was smooth.

I heard every Wraith action comes with a matching pair of crocs is that true @nick.baz

experience echos the others.

little grabby to start

have a stiller tac300 that has gone on sub zero hunts.

action frozen solid...everyone who was out there those days

ive been known to find a rock or tree and slam the shit out of the bolt knob to get it moving

some other guys were not so lucky, busted bolt handle and alike or never got them open

several animals and hunts and its still going, although with a few bumps and bruises

@archangel485
Somewhat older thread but I'm not finding much else on the Wraith. Anyone else get one? What are your thoughts?
I have the very first Stiller Wraith and I still absolutely love the action. I have used it in 10 - 120 degree weather and in some pretty dirty environments as well. The bolt to body fit is very solid however its not so tight that if I get sand or grit in it that it binds up on me. The bolt itself is coated in a DLC like coating and is very slick.

I know almost nothing about Stillers, but it seems the TAC series require a scope mount and recoil lug to be added, where the Wraith not only includes them but they are one piece with the action.
Yes you need to get the recoil lug and rail when purchasing a TAC30. If you purchase the Wraith both are integral to the action. Some people say that these do not need to be integral and that the action would perform fine if it wasn't all one piece like the TAC30. I enjoy knowing that my rail on the Wraith can never come loose on me during a match or a hunt so its one less thing I need to worry about. I have 5 other Tac30 actions and I have never seen one of my rails come loose but Murphys law is always around.

Are tennon threads and headspacing all the same?
Exactly the same.

From the website it looks like Stiller's are probably more of a push round feed with spring type ejector (R700 style)?
Push round feed with a spring ejector and M16 extractor.

Hope this helps feel free to message me if you want to know anything else.

@Meety Peety still working on the CROC sponsorship.

@archangel485
Somewhat older thread but I'm not finding much else on the Wraith. Anyone else get one? What are your thoughts?
I have the very first Stiller Wraith and I still absolutely love the action. I have used it in 10 - 120 degree weather and in some pretty dirty environments as well. The bolt to body fit is very solid however its not so tight that if I get sand or grit in it that it binds up on me. The bolt itself is coated in a DLC like coating and is very slick.

I know almost nothing about Stillers, but it seems the TAC series require a scope mount and recoil lug to be added, where the Wraith not only includes them but they are one piece with the action.
Yes you need to get the recoil lug and rail when purchasing a TAC30. If you purchase the Wraith both are integral to the action. Some people say that these do not need to be integral and that the action would perform fine if it wasn't all one piece like the TAC30. I enjoy knowing that my rail on the Wraith can never come loose on me during a match or a hunt so its one less thing I need to worry about. I have 5 other Tac30 actions and I have never seen one of my rails come loose but Murphys law is always around.

Are tennon threads and headspacing all the same?
Exactly the same.

From the website it looks like Stiller's are probably more of a push round feed with spring type ejector (R700 style)?
Push round feed with a spring ejector and M16 extractor.

Hope this helps feel free to message me if you want to know anything else.

@Meety Peety still working on the CROC sponsorship.

Do you know what the weight is on the Wraith action? From everything I can see, it looks pretty comparable to a Lone Peak Fuzion or an Impact. What am I missing?