• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Stills from crappy high speed video

pdogsbeware

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2011
Colorado/Minnesota
Got a new camera, has an option for 240fps video. Obviously not the best quality high speed since it's a point and shoot, but still had some fun with it. Here are some stills until I edit the videos.

4rsv1u.png

2cprnli.png

Re: Stills from crappy high speed video

What handgun grip is that supposed to be? Spaz mode?......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RETE8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What handgun grip is that supposed to be? Spaz mode?......</div></div> I knew someone would point that out! haha It's called the "my friend couldn't hold the god damn camera still to get a good picture or video so I had to be the cinematographer while he shot the pistol and his experience with firearms is limited to deer rifles fired once a year" grip.

We also tried it with an AK-47 with the top cover removed, but the rifle made him it's bitch...it was moving around so much we couldn't get any cool video or images.

What camera is that? I was working with a Casio that could reach 3000 frames a second and it worked well at a distance but as soon as I tried some up close stuff for a pistol cycling the images were worthless.

This is just a point and shoot! Nikon AW100, and the videos are only shot at 240 frames per second. These were on a mostly cloudy day, in sunlight the quality jumps up a fair amount. Try setting it to 420fps, it'll help quality wise and still slow down the action cycling enough to be fun to watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RETE8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What handgun grip is that supposed to be? Spaz mode?......</div></div> I knew someone would point that out! haha It's called the "my friend couldn't hold the god damn camera still to get a good picture or video so I had to be the cinematographer while he shot the pistol and his experience with firearms is limited to deer rifles fired once a year" grip.

We also tried it with an AK-47 with the top cover removed, but the rifle made him it's bitch...it was moving around so much we couldn't get any cool video or images. </div></div>That's some funny shit right there!
grin.gif

Good action shots. I've got a Sony I, should try that. Thanks for the idea.