• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stippled P-Mag

HOMELESSRDP

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
Had the idea to stipple a mag and it turned out better than expected

P1010127.jpg

Re: Stippled P-Mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoveSPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please explain for a rook </div></div>

He took what was the smooth PMAG and stipple a couple areas (more grippy). They are the rough areas at the bottom and inside a couple of the squares.

Josh

I think I seen that same grip tape at Walmart for extra gip for steps! Also on skateboards!!

Im wondering if this is the same stuff?! The stuff I mentioned above seemed to be kinda thick. I had this same idea but thought because the grip tape was kinda thick that after sticking it to the mags it would eventually pull itself off the mag. Maybe not.

I have done this with a couple of PMAGs and it works very well. I don't have any pics, but this is what the final product looks like thanks to an ARFCOMMER who did the same thing.

PMAG1.jpg

It works great compared to grip tape. Grip take can peel off and isn't permanent. Grip tape also costs a good bit of money depending on how many mags you want to do.

Soldering iron...free. Time to stipple the mags...about 30min per mag (give or take). Satisfcation of a well-planned, successful DIY project...priceless.

I have ranger plates installed on most of mine, so I didn't go so far as to stipple the floorplates, but I see your point. It would certainly give a little more "grip" to the bottom of the mag. I may have to try it.

dtac...gotta have something to do on those cold winter days where the snow is too high to get in any trigger time!!
wink.gif

I may have to give that a go.

I just got a couple of FASTMAG pouches for my entry vest and while they are way faster than covered pouches, they do require a little tug to get the mags loose. The wet and icy conditions we have had lately are not conductive to a good grip on smooth plastic.