• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing stock bedding question help

Re: stock bedding question help

Since you are dealing with a molded in color stock it would be a shame to bed the channel, it will be obvious and most likely stand out more so than just having an oversized barrel channel.

I would get another stock or leave the channel how it is.

BTW - in the second pic it looks like the barreled action is tilting upward and creating ALOT larger gap than should be. You might check your lug fit.

Ern

Re: stock bedding question help

fng23, thanks for the input. I checked a few things, and noticed that front bottom metal screw (b-square) was about 1/5" too long compared to the factory remington screw. Put a beat up factory one in, and also removed all bedding in the recoil lug area. It helped alot. Still a gap, but not as bad.

Thanks again for the help, it takes a fresh set of eyes sometimes. I've been pounding my head looking at it so long, did not even look at the obvious.