• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stock/bottom metal question

customgun1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
arkansas
I have a McMillian a5 stock, it is inletted for bdl bottom metal, as a result I didn't want to reinlett my stock, so I ordered ptg drop in bottom metal...but it don't drop in ...anyone else have this problem, it looks like the bottom metal is hitting the stock inbetween the trigger hole part of the stock and the mag part...is it ok to mill this away and have no problems with the structural integrity?

Re: stock/bottom metal question

Were it me, I wouldn't mill out the whole section. But doing a small bit of file work to make it fit should be fine.

I say as much, because if one converts their rifle to a Wyatt's internal magazine box, part of the stock between the trigger & the magazine box has to be removed, because Wyatt boxes are longer front to back than OEM mag boxes. As an example, they make one for SA's which gives you about an extra 1/8" OAL of cartridge length/space to work with.

'Course if you're patient, & want complete peace of mind, wait until the stock manufacturer reopens after the Holiday, & give them a call & ask.