• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock/Chassis recommendation

wizit247

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2022
N. Idaho
My shooting buddy/gunsmith is putting together a 338 Lapua AI to try his hand at some ELR stuff so I had him build me one as well. Intended use will be some local-ish KO1M style competitions as wells as Nightforce ELR.
Build is Terminus Zeus with 30" M24 Brux.

1. What stock or chassis would you recommend?

2.How close to the 26lb limit for light does everyone try to get? Some of the setups I see guys running seem relatively light.

We both shoot PRS with MPA chassis but don't necessarily have a brand or style preference.

I believe it's 16lbs for light FYI, but maybe look into that a bit more. Stock/ chassis is such a preference. Something like a Foundation would be my choice but I wouldn't be trying to make light class either.

I believe it's 16lbs for light FYI, but maybe look into that a bit more. Stock/ chassis is such a preference. Something like a Foundation would be my choice but I wouldn't be trying to make light class either.
I meant for KO1M light class which is 26lb. For something like the NF ELR steel challenge I would shoot in open class.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Ok Ya I'd try to get as close to that limit as possible.
Light is 26 pounds. I wouldn't make great effort to live on the edge. You can always put weights on it to get it closer if you want to reduce recoil a bit. Putting all the extra weight into a longer barrel isn't really worth it most of the time. You don't get much velocity per inch and you increase barrel whip and dwell time. If you really want to min/max I'd go thicker over longer and limit it to maybe 32 inches.

-Alex

I have a Defiance Deviant in an MPA chassis that I've used an a few ELR comps shooting 338LM. I put the Longshot Precision ABR on it and the system works well.

For your Zeus, you could absolutely use an MPA chassis, but if you want a traditional stock, Foundation, Manners, McMillan stocks do the trick.
MDT ACC chassis is another system I've seen at matches.

Run whatever you have or whatever fits your ergos best.

Scott

MPI chassis is not the best choice for ELR. There is too much Flex in the forend to Barrel relationship you need something if at all possible much stiffer preferably accurate rifle system chassis

Reactions: wizit247
MPI chassis is not the best choice for ELR. There is too much Flex in the forend to Barrel relationship you need something if at all possible much stiffer preferably accurate rifle system chassis

These are the types of things I was curious about. I don't have any experience with anything over a 26" barrel or this large of a caliber.
the MPA forend does flex a bit.