• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Choice for Surgeon 6.5x47 build ??

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
I have chosen the action and barrel;

as above its a surgeon short action with surgeon bottome metal and will wear a Lilja 28" 3R 8 twist tube finished at .950" at the muzzle

The stocks I am considering are;

Mcm A5
manners T2A
manners T4A

What would you choose and why ??

any chocies I have missed ?? we cant get AICS 2.0 in Oz and I am not sure about the AICS chassis I think I prefer a more traditional stock as above.

Re: Stock Choice for Surgeon 6.5x47 build ??

I'm lead to believe the ergo's of the A5 and the T2A are almost identical, save for the butthook. There is always Wild Dog locally. May I ask which Smith in Australia you are using?

Cheers
Rath

Rath,

Getting Shane Clancy to build it heard nothing but good things,he has been great to deal with, and he is in to this style of gun, some of the older smiths are not much into this style of rifle I have found.

Mate, Shane is currently building me this:

Stiller tac 30 action with 20moa rail and oversized recoil lug
Lilja match barrel fitted and finished to 24"
Jewel HVR trigger
Mcmillan A5 with molded in colour and spacer butt assembly
Seekin detachable mag assembly
Seekins scope rings
US Optics SN3 3.2-17x44

I'm still waiting after 11 months but that is not Shane's fault at all. Problems come from huge delays on the US side. I've seen Shane's rifles shoot 500m and 1000y, and I watched him shoot at 1000yrd in Canberra, you won't be dissapointed!

Rath

Rath,

that sounds like an awsome build make sure you post some pics when she all built !!!