• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock choices

DynamicAccuracy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
I've been shooting PRS for 3 years and done pretty well with a trued 700 budget setup. Decided to upgrade to a custom rifle this year. Up until now I've had a bell and carlson target comp. Bought it at the time because it was in my budget. Inletted a thumbshelf like manners has and it fits me really well. Trigger finger is in the perfect location everytime and palm swell fits my handle really well. I have a manners T4 on my CZ and it fits me okay but not as comfortable to get behind as the B&C so decided with my new rifle to try out a foundation. Now dont get me wrong it's a very nice stock and I really want to like it but I just keep going back to the b&c. Part of me wants to buy another B&C and bed it for my impact but it feels wrong to have a $2k barreled action in a $400 stock. Does the foundation not feel as good because I'm just not used to it or is it just not right for me?

Last edited:
If the B&C stock fits you, it fits you. Bed your action and go shoot. If it has all the features you want, isn't detrimental to accuracy, and works well for you then there is nothing wrong with it.

Maybe ill get bashed for anything this but dude, who cares if your BA is worth a shit load more than the stock. If the B&C is what fits you good and what you can shoot comfortably, I say you work with that...

Reactions: DynamicAccuracy
I say shoot what your the most comfortable with and confident in and who gives a shit what others think.
If the lower price of the stock bothers you then spend way to much on a custom paint job for it and there you go it's a $800-$900 stock now.

• Haha
I say shoot what your the most comfortable with and confident in and who gives a shit what others think.
If the lower price of the stock bothers you then spend way to much on a custom paint job for it and there you go it's a $800-$900 stock now.
It's not the cost that bothers me it's just the "low quality" of the stock. I never felt it was a bad quality stock by any means but it doesnt come with perks like manners and foundation like being about to get heavy or light fill or a flat bottom on the foreend and the foundation and manners dont need bedding but bedding a stock isnt a big deal.

Reactions: XLR308
It's not the cost that bothers me it's just the "low quality" of the stock. I never felt it was a bad quality stock by any means but it doesnt come with perks like manners and foundation like being about to get heavy or light fill or a flat bottom on the foreend and the foundation and manners dont need bedding but bedding a stock isnt a big deal.

That's understandable but you know how it works, you pay a premium for name recognition as well as having a say in the build from start to finish.
The B&C is a cookie cutter mass produced stock and is priced lower for that reason since they don't cater to the buyer and offer all the extras.
That's not to say you couldn't effectively add weight to the stock were needed or an ARCA rail or whatever you prefer.
I have owned a couple of the B&C stocks with the bedding blocks and had no complaints but since I tried a Greyboe Renegade I have sold the B&C I was using.
The Greyboe is also considered a lower cost option over many other stocks but I have no regrets from putting a custom barreled action in one.

I'm not sure if there is anything already designed specifically to use for the B&C when bedding, but if not, make sure you bed with pillars.

I can’t really say that I feel guilty for liking the feel of my KRG Bravo vs a Manners T4A Carbon Elite I had... plus it’s way cheaper to hang mods off of it..