• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Stock finish issue, how do you feel?

I would expect a partial refund to reflect a "blemished" product price, and then paint over it.

Some blemishes are so miniscule I would happily own for full cost. But this one would make resale tougher, so I feel you are owed a discount also.

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Maybe back off on the microscope so we can see what's going on?

If it were mine - because I avoid doing warranty returns when I can - I would use a razor blade and cut just along the edge of the hair on both sides and it should be able to pop out, maybe with a little chiseling. Then just lightly sand it down smooth with really fine sandpaper and see what kind of refinishing it needs, if any. I think this should be an easy fix.

Reactions: tthomp302
And if you put any use on that stock at all it's going to end up covered in blemishes that put that to shame.
But he's not going to most likely. If he is acting this way over that tiny little blemish, he's damn sure not going to actually use this rifle and take a chance on it getting a scratch......heaven forbid. If it were mine, id bolt an Impact barreled action in and have scratches on it in the first 30 minutes of practice. Its a fucking tool.....not a piece of art.

But he's not going to most likely. If he is acting this way over that tiny little blemish, he's damn sure not going to actually use this rifle and take a chance on it getting a scratch......heaven forbid. If it were mine, id bolt an Impact barreled action in and have scratches on it in the first 30 minutes of practice. Its a fucking tool.....not a piece of art.
HURR DURR ITS A TOOL. very original thought. I’m glad you have an unlimited income and are fine with things having flaws out of the gate. I don’t have the money to drop on $1300 stocks all the time, so yes I would expect better customer service at the price point. Yes I know it’s a tool and I don’t have issue when it’s things that I do to a stock by use, but when you pay for a nice gloss finish, you don’t expect a hair to be present in a part of a gun that you’ll see. I use my stuff and don’t have problem beating up my foundation. It’s the principle of the initial customer service call, it’s not “unavoidable”. It got past QC and I think their response is right given the price point.

Last edited:
HURR DURR ITS A TOOL. very original thought. I’m glad you have an unlimited income and are fine with things having flaws out of the gate. I don’t have the money to drop on $1300 stocks all the time, so yes I would expect better customer service at the price point. Yes I know it’s a tool and I don’t have issue when it’s things that I do to a stock by use, but when you pay for a nice gloss finish, you don’t expect a hair to be present in a part of a gun that you’ll see. I use my stuff and don’t have problem beating up my foundation. It’s the principle of the initial customer service call, it’s not “unavoidable”. It got past QC and I think their response is right given the price point.
Having unlimited income and being ok with a very minor blemish are two totally unrelated things. One has nothing to do with the other. No, I wouldnt give a shit, especially knowing how it was going to look a month after me using it. Ask for a full refund and send it back. I’m sure they will be happy to not have to deal with you any further.

So if you're not happy with it just return it.

But realistically you have a tiny cosmetic flaw in something that is going to eventually pick up larger and more significant cosmetic flaws.

Should it be there?....no.

Is it there?....yes.

Does the MFG seem inclined to fix it?....no.

So your options are:

1) live with something that really isn't a huge deal.

2) return the stock.

3) continue to make a mountain out of a mole hill and complain enough that the Mfg finally cave and agree to fix it.

But you created this thread to ask how people feel...so don't cop an attitude when people give you opinions you don't want to hear.
I only copped an attitude at the age old adage of “it’s a tool”. That’s not exactly and opinion of the issue at hand which is a lack of customer service. It’s just yapping. I’m fine with people saying it’s insignificant but the entire statement he made was him just trying to insinuate that I don’t actually shoot or use my guns lol.

How many forums are you going to post this on?

Asking for a friend.....

Only YOU know what's going to make you happy, you don't need or want our positive or negative reinforcement, IMHO.

I only copped an attitude at the age old adage of “it’s a tool”. That’s not exactly and opinion of the issue at hand which is a lack of customer service. It’s just yapping. I’m fine with people saying it’s insignificant but the entire statement he made was him just trying to insinuate that I don’t actually shoot or use my guns lol.
Manufacturer responded to you and told you their opinion. That is servicing the customer.

It may not be the answer you want but you also don't know who the person is that answered. They may be new.

Throwing a fit and posting it everywhere isn't likely to make you any friends at the company.

Does the company have any connection to this site? The stock looks familiar.

And yeah I agree that running around multiple sites complaining about the hair will not make you many friends at any company even if they fix it.