• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock for 541T HB

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ
Anyone know where to get a stock for a Remington 541T HB that wouldn't cost and arm and a leg and would be better suited for a trainer/prec rimfire comps than the BDL style?

Re: Stock for 541T HB

I asked this question here recently and was told Stockade. When I called them they wanted my rifle for at least 4 months and a minimum of $600 for the stock.
I thought I might check with Manners.
I think we have to face the fact that the 541T HB is history and we aren't going to find much out there. Sad too, as mine is amazingly accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I thought I might check with Manners.
I think we have to face the fact that the 541T HB is history and we aren't going to find much out there. Sad too, as mine is amazingly accurate.
</div></div>

Tom did one for exhogflyer, so he's got it in him. I'd love to give him the money to do one if I had it.....

May have to just run a stock pack and shoot it!

you have to pay to play, the CZ stocks manners are making are goin to end up around 500 if you get any options on em. Or find a manners or something used and find a really good gunsmith, lol

Most of my big guns are in AICS anyway. It would be cool to have a Manners T5A for my 541!
I think that would be as close as I could get.

F used, I'm sure Tom would sell an un-inletted flat top if I go that route......

I pretty much understand how things work and was more interested in the possibility of someone knowing somebody that does 541 stuff. Voelker did the metal work, but he's not really into our style.

I'm not gonna drop an assload of cash unless rimfire comps stick around locally. We're gonna get one going, but its future is unknown.

I say "trainer" so the masses will know what I'm referring to, but I believe shooting whatever rifle I will be shooting is training. Playing with 22's is good and good work on marksmanship, but its not "training" for centerfire precision comps by any means.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Order a blank from Manners and have Chad Dixon inlet and bed it for you. </div></div>

Tom's done a 541 before, if I'm gonna spend that kinda dough I could probably get him to do it again:

exhogflyer's 541T:
DSC00548.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 504 you have for sale looks very nice. If only I had some green backs.
</div></div>
It shoots better than the 541T HB I have as well. unreal groups at 50 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 504 you have for sale looks very nice. If only I had some green backs.
</div></div>
It shoots better than the 541T HB I have as well. unreal groups at 50 yards. </div></div>

They both look sweet and will do someone well!

Nice stocks, but dog gone! 500 bucks for a .22 stock?

Look at donstith.com he does a sporter BR stock that you could make work very well for tac use. They are reasonably priced and his inlets are GREAT.

Update:
I fixed the problem by finding a trade for a CZ452+enough cash to get in on the Manners T4 group buy for 452's
wink.gif