• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stock for a Howa 1500 LA

GMAC7949

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2009
Texas
I have a Howa 1500 Thumbhole sporter long action 30-06 and I'm looking for a A1 stock, anybody have any ideas?
I was wanting a H-S but can not find one, found a B&C but only for a SA.
I'm not to fond of the thumbhole stock that came with the gun.

Re: Stock for a Howa 1500 LA

Manners will inlet for the Howa LA, that or get in touch with Pete Lincoln. Pete also indicated to me that a magazine system for the long action is in the works.

I just e mailed Manners about this same thing for my build. I havent heard back yet. I to have been in touch with Pete Lincholn he has supplyed me with a lot of parts and I am using one of his breaks in my build.

Got a T4A on order and can't wait for it to get here. Interesting enough, my Howa project started out as a budget build. I bought the Howa with the misunderstanding that B&C made one of their tactical medalist stocks for the long action. After finding out I was wrong about the B&C and looking at the options available, I rationalized the purchase of a Manners T4 as being just a couple hundred over the original budget, so what the heck why not. Then I figured, a stock that is being used in conjuction with a canted scope base can sometimes be hard to get a good cheek weld on, so why not order the T4a with the Terry cross sheek piece? And when a guy is spending that much already, you might as well add in the adjustable lengh of pull right?

So long story short, I missed on my initial budget by quite a bit.