• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stock for a sig shr 970

fastfour09

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
I have a sig shr 970 30-06 rifle and need a new stock for it. Just wondering if anyone knows if b@c or any other company make a drop in stock for this rifle and if not what is my other options to put a good stock on this rifle thanks

Re: stock for a sig shr 970

I believe McMillan made the OEM stock for the tactical model. You might check with them to see if they can make you something.

Re: stock for a sig shr 970

McMcillan is a no-go...I wanted to get the tactical stock they made for the STR and here's their response. The only stocks out there are the OEM ones from Sig, which should still be available from Numrich (I bought one in the last few months and they were still in stock).

<span style="font-style: italic">From: Dick Davis [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:01 PM
To:
Subject: RE: Stock for Sigarms SHR 970

Sorry, but we no longer produce any kind of stock for the Sig 970’s. We made the A3 type stock for Sig for several years, but they quite producing them about 6 or 8 years ago.
After several years of zero sales on the stocks, the molds were broken down and the components were used for other projects.
Regards, McMillans
</span>