• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock for AW cut 700 action

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
I have some stupid questions regarding a trued 700 action that has been cut for AW mags. I picked up a trued 700 short action. I would like to build a 6.5 creedmoor this year on it, possibly on a chassis (cadex, mdt, krg, etc) or a manners t4a mini chassis. My main question is, the particular action I picked up is cut for AW mags. Will this effect which stock I choose? Could I potentially use the manners mini chassis with aics mags or cadex competition chassis with aics mags? Can I just get the manners mini chassis or cadex and run AW mags? Would it be safer to just try it with AICS mags first, then try to run the AW mags? I am ignorant on this topic, only ever used factory hinge plate bottom metal.

Thanks

Pretty much any chassis you buy these days will work with AW mags as long as your action will accept them.

Any stock or dbm that is compatible with aics style mags will work with AW mags. I currently run a Bighorn TL3 AW cut in a manners gen2 mini chassis. I have zero problems with AI or AW mags.

Not a common occurrence but can happen.

If the DBM is set up for a tight fit on AICS mags, then the AW mag will fit very tight or possibly not latch at all. If this happens, may need to slightly shave a hair off the top of the latch.

If weight is not an issue go with J Allen. The mag catch is adjustable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk