• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Stock for Kelly's F Class Panda

A5scott

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Eastern PA
I moved this from the Bolt Action Forum...

Looking for recs for a stock to fit the 1.5" wide Panda.

Looks like Shurley Brothers make excellent stocks. I like Manners T2-A type stocks, but Manners aren't quite big enough except for their F class and ELR light, but those are a year wait.
McMillan Tooley, A6-7 Supermag I guess...
Looks like XIT works too?
Anyone ever put a 1.5" Panda in a Manners T2-A?
I've seen one of the best gunsmiths put a 1.47" octagonal BAT CT in a T4-A and built out a cheytac, for hunting only.

For now, I'm shooting off a bipod and have no plan to buy a front rest.
Target practice plus NRA Silhouette matches

What else?

Thanks,
Scott

Cerus and Masterclass if you prefer the wood stocks. McMillan or Manners is you prefer the composites, none of these will be sitting on the shelf unless they are flat-tops. Might be worth a call to Kelbly's to see if they might have something kicking around without a wait.

Reactions: A5scott
Cerus look awesome, but I've heard the are unobtanium. Masterclass are excellent, and I know this is stupid, but I don't like how they look. I will absolutely have Alex Sitman inlet and bed it.

Kelbly's said they don't make them anymore and they recommended Dimas. I'm fine waiting 6 or 7 months for a manners, but the F Class manners is a 1 year wait minimum. that's why I'm wondering if anyone put a Panda in a Manners PRS2

Brunos has McMillan Tooley, XIT and Kestros in stock

Scott

I have 2 F Class Panda's, both in McMillan Kestros stocks. They are perfect. The one on the left is a Barnard S.
John

Attachments

• m-XdkwspTJCztvlRddoUig.jpeg
    m-XdkwspTJCztvlRddoUig.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I have 2 F Class Panda's, both in McMillan Kestros stocks. They are perfect. The one on the left is a Barnard S.
John
Beautiful rifles... with the Anschutz rail, is it easy to get picatinny rails to fit? I don't shoot F Class an I build like to use existing bipods. I did get a SEB Joypod-X and I think it might have a piece of pic rail with Anschutz adapter...

Scott

Reactions: bpd459
How do you like the Barnard vs Kelblys actions?
Greetings,
I'm a long time highpower / prone shooter. I'm playing with F class due to an elbow injury. I have both Barnard P's and an S in .223. I absolutely love the Barnard! Simple, bulletproof and a top shelf trigger. But, they are heavy for an FTR build. My dad had a Panda based BR rifle. Made me want one. So, when I went to FTR, I went with the F Class Panda. They are the best for my purpose.
John

Beautiful rifles... with the Anschutz rail, is it easy to get picatinny rails to fit? I don't shoot F Class an I build like to use existing bipods. I did get a SEB Joypod-X and I think it might have a piece of pic rail with Anschutz adapter...

Scott
I've seen and used bipod mounts (for a Phoenix) that were mounted directly to the forend, with machine screws, fender washers and a nylock nut. Counter sink the whole in the barrel channel and insure the machine acrew is subsurface.
Best of luck,
John

Go to accurate shooter and do a search for Jason Avila. He just did one for me based on a stock designed by Alex Wheeler. I think they’re now calling it the WFO Stock. Great to work with and fast turnaround. He cut the stock and put all my hardware on it in about a month. They’re laminate

Go to accurate shooter and do a search for Jason Avila. He just did one for me based on a stock designed by Alex Wheeler. I think they’re now calling it the WFO Stock. Great to work with and fast turnaround. He cut the stock and put all my hardware on it in about a month. They’re laminate
yes the look like excellent stocks.

Thank you for the heads up.
Scott