• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock for Practical Rifle

10generation

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
California
Just sent payment for an FN PBR-XP (model 70) in .308 with a hogue stock and 20" barrel.

Also just bought a #4 rock creek cut rifled 5r .308 barrel.

Going to put a NXS 2.5-10x42 on top of it.

What stock?

Have thought about Manners T or the newer EH3. Also thought about an HTG.

Want a stock that will shoulder and balance well, have some elevation of comb to bring the eye to the scope, and would not mind some right hand palm swell.

What do you guys think?

I have a MCS T and a MCS T3 and I think that both of these stocks work very well in positional/ practical shooting. With the MCS T I have a 20" barrel and with the T3 a 22" barrel and they both balance well. I highly recommend Manners.

Just bedded a 700 SA with a M40 contour barrel in a McMillan M40 stock. Brl is 18" , stock has sniper fill. Balances well with 2.5-8 M4 Leupold.

Have a .243 with same contour barrel in a Manners T, also very nice with its 22" brl.

Can't go wrong either way. Have a Manners T3 waiting for a build. Wide forend and high comb. Very nice. Reminds me of McMillan Winchester Marksman stk.

Both are similar and will work excellent for your use. The T will have a little higher comb. The EH3 will be lighter of the two. I would go with the T.

I have 2 M40 McMillans, but have 2 Manners T stocks and one on order. The high comb of the T is a sellng point and it just has a nice feel to it.