• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock for Sako Quad build

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
I have a .22 Sako Quad with a lilja barrel. I want it to be as close to my LR .308 as possible. that rifle is a Rem 700 with a McMillian A5 stock.

I understand Manners has a stock made for the Sako to position everything as close as possible to a Rem 700.

So, should I get a McMillian A5, or a Manner? Why?

Re: Stock for Sako Quad build

If you plan to paint it, I'd go for the Manners T4A. It uses Terry Cross hardware. If you want molded colors, McMillan it is. I don't have a Quad but have both stocks. You can't go wrong with either.JMHO......

Terry Cross "loggerhead" hardware is a bombproof set of adjustable cheekpiece hardware that stays where you put it in lieu of the factory McMillan thumbwheel adjustment

Edited to add: id go with a McMillan A-5 since thats what youre running on your other rifle

You can order the stock for the Terry Cross hardware and we will inlet for it and then have it sent to Terry to install the hardware.

If I order an A5 for this rifle is the stock the exact same dimensions as an A5 for a regular rifle, or do they scale it down for a .22?

It seems like it would leave a huge amount of material between the action and the sides of the stock since not as much material is removed to fit the smaller .22 action.

exact same size as a regular A-5 just inletted differently not scaled down at all so there will probably be more material just by simple physics

Are there any other stocks that fit a Sako Quad that are stiff enough to shoot slung up but sized more for a .22?

I have a Manners stock (T4) on order. I am going to use a IOR 2.5-10X42 on the rifle. Do I need an adjustable cheekpeice? (I would like to avoid spending the money if possible)

Actually guys, we can inlet most any of the Remington design or Sako design stocks for the Sako Quad. This includes the A2, A3, A4 and A5's, as well as the HTG and A1-3 if you want .22LR clones of your centerfire rifles for inexpensive training purposes. The Sako Quad uses the standard Sako triggers so it needs a full size stock thru the action area, not a reduced size stock like most of the other 22's. The older Sako Finlights will work here also.
Dick at McMillans