• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock for tikka CTR

VandelayIndustries

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2022
Ask
$600 ish budget. Looking for a stock not a chassis. Was thinking something along the lines of McMillan M40A1. The only hold up is I’m wondering if I’d get a good cheek weld with it using a Burris XTR3i. Open to other suggestions.

i've owned a bunch of different tikka stocks. the terrain was probably the best option for what ur after.. discontinued now. the grayboe options might work for you.

that said the krg bravo is a lot of stock for the money.

or just tweak the factory one. a krg bravo buttpad riser fits. take the screw out of the cheek riser and move it forward for a bit more cheek weld. or build a spacer underneath to get it up.

tikka stocks besides being plastic are quite good.

I've got a grayboe phoenix, it's decent for the money. It's a step up from the Bell and Carlson I had before. It's not the most rigid, but it's meant to be a really lightweight option. There's stiffer, heavier options from them and they do a pretty good mil discount to save your budget a bit. My only real gripes about it are that the pillars get molded over and need cleaned off to get a good action screw torque and the mags need a solid tap to lock in on my sample.

I want a manners mini chassis when it's all said and done though.

Attachments

• 20210511_190244.jpg
    20210511_190244.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 77
Just got this Manners eh1tk with mini chassis, cut for CTR bottom metal, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

picked it up on here for 700. Worth it.

653104A2-811A-43FF-ADB7-8B15EB386646.jpeg

Reactions: st1650
I have the A3 on my CTR. I'll try and take a pic of it tonight when I get home from work.
It feels robust. I have a lot of confidence in it that I didn't have for the stock CTR stock.

Reactions: VandelayIndustries
Just ordered another to replace another mcmillan. Not that the mcmillan are bad I just prefer manners ergonomics and prefer the mini chassis.

24CE26C8-9F5A-467A-911D-06425B305F03.jpeg

KRG bravo is the most cost effective, rigid etc.

I sold mine for a McMillan - couldn’t get the right cheek weld, no mlok slots etc.

Then went to a Grayboe Phoenix. Too weak and flexible. Not a great product imo.

I’m back on the KRG bravo and haven’t looked back. So adjustable and the extra half pound is worth it for the comfort.

Attachments

• 8AF09966-77A1-4632-8191-200803424678.jpeg
    8AF09966-77A1-4632-8191-200803424678.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: INMY01TA
I have also debated a new stock for my Tikka. I have an older T3 model with a Heavy Palma barrel.

It currently sits in a KRG Bravo, which has a great cheek weld due to the adjustments. However, I am still tempted by the Manners/McMillan carbon fiber options. I love the feel of the carbon fiber. But I wonder about the cheek weld on them.

I have wondered if I would ultimately end up like YotaEer -- Going full circle back to the KRG and losing a few hundred along the way

Reactions: YotaEer
I have also debated a new stock for my Tikka. I have an older T3 model with a Heavy Palma barrel.

It currently sits in a KRG Bravo, which has a great cheek weld due to the adjustments. However, I am still tempted by the Manners/McMillan carbon fiber options. I love the feel of the carbon fiber. But I wonder about the cheek weld on them.

I have wondered if I would ultimately end up like YotaEer -- Going full circle back to the KRG and losing a few hundred along the way

I’m sure I will try a manners with mini chassis, someday. Likely the best as the consensus on this forum is typically correct lol.

The bravo checks all the boxes for $1000 less at the end of the day. That’s even with me having a fairly standard LOP of 13.75”. If you have a very short or long LOP, then that gets factored into some of these options too

You can get a cheek piece on the eh1tk, though I don’t think it’s needed unless your going to 56mm objectives, the eh1 has a pretty high comb to begin with.

Iv had a few mcmillan, and while I liked them, they needed a lot on the comb to get them up there. Now that the eh1 is out I’m getting rid of my mcmillan stocks as the eh1 comes in. Mini chassis and factory flush mags are just the icing on the cake for me.

Attachments

• 2018074E-C4CD-45D1-A9F7-E085FA51120E.jpeg
    2018074E-C4CD-45D1-A9F7-E085FA51120E.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 65
Thanks Lawnboi

I just have an LHT scope on my Tikka, which I intend to stick with -- 44mm objective.

Is there a rail carved out on the top of the comb of your stock? So you can remove the bolt?

If so, did you do that? Or is that something you can order from Manners?

Thanks

Thanks Lawnboi

I just have an LHT scope on my Tikka, which I intend to stick with -- 44mm objective.

Is there a rail carved out on the top of the comb of your stock? So you can remove the bolt?

If so, did you do that? Or is that something you can order from Manners?

Thanks
Comes with a slot for the bolt, I can pull the bolt without taking off the cheek piece on this one. It’s an awesome stock, close to a bravo in form and function. Main reason I went this way was because I like the flush tikka mags for a hunting gun.
070A800B-C9BD-4F95-ABDF-46935DBF345F.jpeg

Thanks again, Lawnboi. A couple more questions, if you don't mind.

Did your Manners Mini-Chassis include the bottom metal for your Tikka?
If so, is it flat, so as to accommodate flat mags?
The photos on the Manners site do not appear to show a flat bottom metal, and it mentions using a 5 round AICS mag.

I was looking at the Hawkins hunter mags, which are essentially flat and hold 4 rounds -- they look pretty nice.

However, it sounds like you are using Tikka mags.

Thanks again, Lawnboi. A couple more questions, if you don't mind.

Did your Manners Mini-Chassis include the bottom metal for your Tikka?
If so, is it flat, so as to accommodate flat mags?
The photos on the Manners site do not appear to show a flat bottom metal, and it mentions using a 5 round AICS mag.

I was looking at the Hawkins hunter mags, which are essentially flat and hold 4 rounds -- they look pretty nice.

However, it sounds like you are using Tikka mags.
There are three types of mini chassis for the tikka. One that takes aics mags, and is one solid piece, no bottom metal required. I have one of these and if you want a longer mag this is what I’d go with, not a fan of Ctr mags. This is on my match rifle, not the above photo.

Then you have 2 other mini chassis which are very similar. One that uses your ctr bottom metal, or one that uses tikka factory bottom metal like seen on their hunting guns. I have the one designed for the bottom metal that uses flush mags which you see on tikkas hunting rifles. You could easily move to this type of a system if you wanted to with a few parts.

As far as the Hawkins mags, they are aics pattern and wouldn’t work with the aics tikka mini chassis. If you want flush mags, I’d get a t3 mini chassis like mine, get the small mag clip and bottom metal from mountain tactical and use flush mount tikka single stack magazines. I personally wouldn’t waste my time or money to figure out a solution for Hawkins aics when you can get a flush 3 round mag and use the proven tikka bottom metal.

I spoke with manners a few days ago. There are two Mini Chassis for the Tikkas. There is one model for their PRS stocks which has the bottom metal built in, and they have a mini chassis for their other stocks which does not have integral bottom metal and instead uses Tikka drop in models.

So you can have:
- PRS stock: Mini Chassis w/ integral bottom metal
- All others: Mini Chassis w/ standard T3x bottom inletting, using a T3x bottom metal
- All others: Mini Chassis w/ CTR bottom inletting, using a CTR bottom metal

I'm going to ask Manners to cut a stock with the CTR bottom inlet so I can run CTR fitment AICS bottom metal most of the year, then drop in the T3x factory bottom metal to run flush fit mags during hunting season. T3x bottom metal fits into the CTR cutout with some gap around the sides that I'll fill in with epoxy or RTV, attached to the bottom metal and not to the stock so I can switch back and forth. The mini chassis makes it easy to swap the action screws a few times a year when swapping the bottom metal.

You could also inlet the stock for CTR bottom metal and run an Atlas Worx or Redsnake flush bottom metal for AICS mags, that lets you run Hawkins flush mags. The other option is the Mountain Tactical bottom metal that is not flush and has a barricade stop up front, which cannot run flush fitting AICS mags.

UpSideDown and Lawnboi: That is great info about the chassis/bottom-metal options. Thank you both for taking the time.

And I think Lawnboi is right about the cheek-piece being high enough for a 44mm scope --- No need for an adjustable cheek-piece.

I guess I am moving closer to ordering a Manners --- But I know it takes a long time after it has been ordered.

UpSideDown and Lawnboi: That is great info about the chassis/bottom-metal options. Thank you both for taking the time.

And I think Lawnboi is right about the cheek-piece being high enough for a 44mm scope --- No need for an adjustable cheek-piece.

I guess I am moving closer to ordering a Manners --- But I know it takes a long time after it has been ordered.
They have a few EH1's in stock, or being stocked, as flat tops that are made for the Tikka but need to be inletted if that's what you're looking for. Supposedly the stock I requested was grabbed and sitting at a desk while they check a question I had with their inletting department on moving the action inlet back a hair for me, I find the grip to trigger distance on my T4A to be too long and it's the same distance on the EH1 but that's probably a 'me' problem, they're seeing if they can move the action back.

I don’t see a option for inletting a tikka CTR for the manners EH1
They don't have any Tikka options under the dropdown list, I don't know why that is. But they're dedicated Tikka stocks. Give them a call. The GAP camo stock is already mine, sorry!

Which mini action is the one to go with? I see there’s several different options there as well
Which mini chassis? If it's in any stock other than the PRS it only comes with one mini chassis, the mini chassis itself does not change on the other stocks. What changes are the inlet options. You'll choose which inlet is to be cut into the stock; either T3x or CTR cut for their respective bottom metals, but both use the same mini chassis, per Manners.

Reactions: VandelayIndustries
They have a few EH1's in stock, or being stocked, as flat tops that are made for the Tikka but need to be inletted if that's what you're looking for. Supposedly the stock I requested was grabbed and sitting at a desk while they check a question I had with their inletting department on moving the action inlet back a hair for me, I find the grip to trigger distance on my T4A to be too long and it's the same distance on the EH1 but that's probably a 'me' problem, they're seeing if they can move the action back.
I was not aware they could possibly move the action back a bit -- That would be nice for my wife/kids

Thanks again

I've got a grayboe phoenix, it's decent for the money. It's a step up from the Bell and Carlson I had before. It's not the most rigid, but it's meant to be a really lightweight option. There's stiffer, heavier options from them and they do a pretty good mil discount to save your budget a bit. My only real gripes about it are that the pillars get molded over and need cleaned off to get a good action screw torque and the mags need a solid tap to lock in on my sample.

I want a manners mini chassis when it's all said and done though.

What bolt handle is that?