• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Length Suggestions

Apothus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2007
Prescott, Arizona
I have a 6.5 Grendel build I just put together and got the scope set up on. It's mounted in a cantilever mount on the very last notch on the upper receiver. I have an A2 stock on the gun currently, and while prone I have to put my head all the way on the back of the stock in order to get enough eye relief. Are there any stocks out there that are longer than the A2? I know Magpul has their PRS that is another 1/2-1" longer, but $255 is a tough number to swallow right now. If anyone knows of a stock a bit long then the A2 let me know. Thanks

Re: Stock Length Suggestions

If the stock fits you, you might be better served by exploring different scope and / or mounting options. The extended cantilever mounts should offer ample eye relief. There are various options.

What is the eye relief on your scope, and what mount are you using?

I'm using a YHM forward cantilever mount and the scope is a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x50. The scope is pushed as far forward in the mount as it will go, and the mount is in the last notch of the upper receiver

I would check out either a different mount like the Larue SPR-E, or check out the extended rail that mega makes. Seems kind of odd your having an issue though. Are you shooting NTCH when your prone?

Apothus,
Just a suggestion, before you go out and spend money try this.
Pick the rifle up close your eyes. Shoulder the rifle get it to where you are comfortable and normally hold, present, then open your eye and look through your scope. You should be able to repeat the above everytime and when you open your eye to look through your scope it will be spot on. If you are having to adjust the rifle to look through the scope your eye relief is obviously caddywhomapssed lol and you need to look at adjusting yout scope and or mount. Keep us posted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=5559/Product/AR_15_BUTTSTOCK_EXTENDER </div></div>

+1

This is what I use. Well made and reasonably priced. </div></div>

I was going to suggest this as well.

I do have a Magpul PRS and will say it is a great stock and worth the $.