• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market: Not Wall St

03psd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2006
Oklahoma
A search brings up 200+.

Can some one summarize the pros and cons of the different stocks available for a 700 LEFT Handed. Unfortunetly, I dont have access to try them all out so research and recommendations are all I have to go on.

I have a HS Precision but would like to see some discussion on the feature benefits of the McMillan, Manners, AICS, other (?).

To start I will say I like the idea of the AICS because it includes the DBM, cheek rest, and the 2.0 allows for a smaller rifle case and easy cleaning with bolt removed. I dont know if the pronounced pistol type grip would suit me coming from a traditional type stock.

While cost isnt really a factor I would prefer not to have to buy 2 or 3 to get it right. Thanks in advance for any input

Re: Stock Market: Not Wall St

The AICS is a great stock, I love mine and would not give it up for all the Mcmillans or Manners out there. That being said, it is not for everyone! Try to hit up the local ranges and see if anyone is there with one and ask if you could hold their rifle to see if you like it or not. The AICS is most def. a stock you want to try before you buy.

But it is not available in a left hand YET.....

I have tried both McMillan and Manners stocks, they are really nice also, you cant go wrong with either, I just like my AICS better. Once again, this is just MHO.

AICS are definitely love or hate. I tried one and did not like at all. Very heavy, cumbersome feeling to me, and not comfortable.

That said, it is no loss to buy one and try as it will typically sell the same day you list it.

I love my McMillan A5's. I am currently looking for another A5 for the 5R 223 Rem 700 I have coming. Either that or I am finally going to try one of tom Manners.

I have just replaced my sps tactical stock with a Bell and Carlson Light Varmit Tactical. I love it!! Matter a fact I am doing another custom build and I will be buying another.

Check this one out. You can pick it up for around $230.00. Midway is the cheapest place I have found it. IT IS A DROP IN STOCK AND FULLY ALUM. BEDDING BLOCK.

are the left handed AICS not out yet? I thought I saw an order thread months ago saying early spring 09.

If you are leaning towards an AICS, it would be best to try one first. I switched from an A5 to an AICS, and now am switching back. I read alot of suggestions advising me to try one first to see if I would like it, but I ignored them because it was set in my mind that I wanted the AICS. It is a great stock, but it just did not feel as good to me as the McMillan. You might try it and love it.
I would buy a used AICS at a decent price and if you do not like it, you could sell it and recoop your money. The problem will be finding a used left hand AICS.