• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stock mods

sgtdeath66

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
oh
i want to modify my stock from a plain jane into something that resembles a mcmillan A-4 style stock, but im stumped on how to do it. so if anyone has suggestions they would be very much appreciated

Re: stock mods

Add on wood where you need and whant it,

pre shape and then use bonde all ower it to get an even surface,

after that use epoxi primer color and finish in desired color.

It´s really all up to your imagination.

Best of luck, regards Chris

what should i use to attach the wood to the plastic? and thanks aswell

Gorilla glue with pre moistened surfaces as the instructions say. For Bondo, I use the autimotive version that has glass fibers already mixed in.

I'm planning on doing the same thing eventually with my CZ-452 Silhouette stock. I've had good luck with UV cure Bondo from the autoparts store building up a basic grip into a match grip for my AR-15. The spray-on tool grip paint isn't as tough as I'd hoped though.

Currently my CZ has a longer reach with the addition of 4 stock spacers, and an adjustable saddle style cheek piece from Karsten. The best thing about the CZ is that it's cheep enough that you're willing to modify it, and quality enough that it's worth customizing.

i don't know if this will work, i've been having trouble posting pictures
t_22MAGSTOCKMm_394164b.jpg

hot damn it worked! i just gotta get it big enough
f_22MAGSTOCKMm_394164b.jpg]

uhh.., let's try this..

you probly dont have any pics before the paint huh? the camo hides the lines pretty good. but she looks great

Here's my cz453...

The factory stock is under there somewhere. It's sprayed with a rustoleum textured finish right now, but I think i'm going to spray a flat color over it. A little wood here and there, some bondo to smooth things out, and a lot of sanding/shaping can get you any kind of stock you want. Takes a little time, but can be fun. First time trying to post pics, so we'll see what happens.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Re: Here's my cz453...

That is badass G2004! you did a really nice job!!!! Something to be proud of. Nice work. -Dan

You could always try and find one of these...

DSC04858.jpg

(PIC FROM RFC)

I have been trying to find one of these stocks for a while. I seem to remember that a distributor called Jerry's had these stocks made.

WOW! how did you get my rifle's picture to get bigger? i'm somewhat new to posting pictures, any help you can offer would be great! you can P.M. so as not to jam up the forum

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The factory stock is under there somewhere. It's sprayed with a rustoleum textured finish right now, but I think i'm going to spray a flat color over it. A little wood here and there, some bondo to smooth things out, and a lot of sanding/shaping can get you any kind of stock you want. Takes a little time, but can be fun. First time trying to post pics, so we'll see what happens.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

</div></div>now that is what im talking about!!!! so what all did you have to do to get it to look like that? i just checked out the original rifle and that is a big change

SGT-
Well it didn't come out that way in one step. I've remodified this stock a few times. The pic below is how it was before the above pics were taken. If you can picture this- the underside of the forend was sanded flat and a piece of wood was attached with wood and dowels. The same was done for the raised cheekpiece. The grip area was beefed up with bondo. It's nothing too complicated, and I only have hand tools to work with. After that round of mods, I reshaped the grip again, smoothed out the forend, and shaved the top of the cheekpiece to add more wood and flatten it out. If you look around on some of the rimfire sites, there are a ton of guys doing this stuff with mostly 10/22s and you can get a lot of ideas. I never remember to take pics during the process. Hope that helps a bit.

cze.jpg

Irelander, jerrys had the stocks made at american walnut stocks in 2005. They didn't sell very well and are no longer available.

g2004, you did a really nice job with your stock.

ive got a 10/22 stock commin my way that im gunna use for the mod. but for now im gunna do what you said g2004 and do some fishing and find some more tips. i cant wait to start that project though, its all ive been thinking about
crazy.gif

thanks! i just now figured out how to do it the right way.

here's a stock mod for ya. 1) put a picatinny rail on the side of the stock 2) buy a command arms cheek piece for collapsable stocks
3) slide on the cheekpiece and adjust 4) make hash marks on the cheekpiece 5) put on another rifle with the added picatinny rail. 1cheekpiece, multiple rifles. (must use a pic. rail, not a weaver or anything else, or the cheekpiece wront fit). about $40.00

not a bad stock build though. you should check out rimfirecentral.com, theres a few guys over there that have made some pretty nice stocks from scratch. i just noticed this... is that an xmods screw driver in your bench above your last pic

Me? Not sure what that is.. The screwdriver is a craftsman standard. It didn't come with a RC car or anything like that if that's what you're talking about