• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock opinions

BB KoncepZ

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2011
Alabama
Goin with a Manners or McMillan stock on my Rem. 700p .338 LM build. Gonna use the stock action and barrel for now....May add a barrel while im at it...Anybody got any opinions or suggestions based on the Manners GAT or the T4A. And the McMillan adjustable A3-5 or the A-TH. I did think about the AICS and the AX AICS, or the XLR chassis system as well but I'm not sure on the accuracy comparison between a standard stock and a chassis system...
I'm leanin towards the Manners t4a or the McMillan adj a3-5...
Just unsure of the pros/cons on one over the other...

Re: Stock opinions

Had the same stick and put it in a McMillan A5, liked it!
DSC00691.jpg

Great lookin rifle! Any other opinions on the options including the chassis systems...

I've tried out lots of stocks and chassis. I didn't feel that the HS Precision stock (came on my first 700P) fit me well. Also, it didn't offer adjustable cheek height or DBM capabilities without extra cost and serious modification.

From there, I upgraded to the AICS chassis and tried it with both the traditional thumb-hole skins and later upgraded to a pistol grip (Viperskins). While it was a great chassis system and I did like it quite well, I ended up going a different route.

I went with the Manners T4-A and cannot say enough good things about the stock and company. I feel like a Manners with their Mini-Chassis offers the best of both worlds. With the T4-A, you get a traditional feel, the adjustable cheek height (IMO a must with a larger objective optic), the ability to use ACIS mags with their Badger M5 bottom metal, and the aluminum bedding block for rock-solid drop-in fit. For me, this stock FELT the BEST and gave me all of the important options that a full chassis offers.

ULTIMATELY, the way the stock/chassis fits YOU is the single most important aspect when making your decision. There are a lot of great options out there - most of which will afford your full accuracy potential.

For me it was fit and the ability to utilize the stock without down-time and further modification: hence the Manners T4-A with Mini-Chassis.

My vote is T4A. As far as the GAT, if you want a MCS thumbhole I would recommend the T5 instead. After Owning one though, I found myself really missing the T4/A5 type stock. Different strokes. . but I dont think you cannot really do much better than the T4A with the chassis. Its very solid and does pretty much anything you could ever ask of it. And by the time you eliminate purchasing separate DBM and having it bedded, you actually come out on top price wise with the chassis.

Went with XLR for my build. I like the way it looks, no need for bottom metal, detachable mag, comparable to the very familiar AR system, folding stock, etc.

I looked at everything I could find, but the XLR was the clear choice, for me anyway.