• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stock options for a surgeon xl action

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va
ok my 338lm build is comming up quick just got notification that the action is ready, still waiting on a krieger barrel.

im trying to decide on what stock i want to go with, im looking for heavy tactical, right now my top choice is the Mcmillan A5.

i wanted to go with an aics but from what i understand the two are not compatable? does anybody know if the stock can be modified to work

does anybody know of any updates on any of the new chasis systems, as of now it seems like all systems are close but not here yet. id rather not order an A5 if i can find a modular chasis.

the AI AX looks decent, the remington chasis looks good to go but from what i hear is going to make the 338 lapua seem thrifty. the asbury looks decent but i hear around 2000 bucks.

money is not really an issue, just basically if its worth it, for example all three chasis offer the same benifits, im not spending 4 times as much on the remington

Re: stock options for a surgeon xl action

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
money is not really an issue</div></div>

Fantastic, I'll have one as well please...!

Sounds like an awesome build.

From the Surgeon site
<span style="font-style: italic">Mcmillan and Manners have the XL action and bottom metal inlet programs available for their stocks.
This action will NOT be compatible with the AICS series stocks due to the increased length.</span>

McMillan A5 with sniper fill would be my prefered choice. I've heard it takes a while to get one put together though, especially as I presume you'll need it custom made to suit your Krieger's heavy contour (#?).

If money is no issue, then get an ashbury. Or get an xlr industries chassis.

is the asburry availible at the moment. i dont want to get commit to somthing that may or may not make it to market, i want to shoot it this spring.

Then get an XLR, supposidly he has awesome customer service and alot of options and im sure he can make it look anyway you want.

Talk with Surgeon. They now have AICS stock specificly for the XL action and exclusive to Surgeon. You will also have to order the AICS specific XL if you haven't already. If you have purchased the action and still want the AICS for it, you will have to send it in and have the bottom of the action modified to work with the standard style XL, about $150 if I remember, not 100% sure though. There was a write up on it here but I don't remember which section it was in. When I read it, I wanted to have my rifle re-done and installed into an AICS. Good luck and hope this helps a little.