• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock options for Remington LTR?

LSOSGT1109

Demoted by the change
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
London, KY
I'm wanting to see some different stock options for an LTR. The factory stock is a little small for me and I'm not sure what other options to look at. I've seen some pics on here before of LTR's in different stocks but I couldn't find them when I searched. What are some of you guys running your LTR's in?

Re: Stock options for Remington LTR?

How much is your budget for the stock?theres so many choices for your ltr,you can start at a manners,mcmillian,aics, and so on.

I completely agree that the factory LTR stock is way too small in the forearm area, or at least too short. I'm sure it saved them a little weight, but the forearm puts the sling mounts way too far back for my liking.

I like that. Did you say that's an HS Precision? It looks like that new Bell and Carlson light tactical stock.

Heh, I am off my rocker today, it is indeed a B&C light tactical stock

If I had any nit picking on the stock it would be that the forearm is wide/blocky at the top by the barrel. It's strictly an aesthetics thing for me.

It's too bad they do not offer the exact B&C that comes on the XTR long range tactical. This is similar but the forearm design is slightly different. The XCR version is more rounded into the barrel which to me is more comfy to grip while keeping the wide flat bottom that rides a pack/rest well. But overall very pleased esp. for the $, it's as stiff as the HS I replaced, dropped in and the fit was as good or better than the HS.

What bottom metal is that you're using with the B&C stock on the LTR?

It's factory bottom metal. For giggles I decided to try the ArmsTech Mag-Extender, brownells has them for about $20

It's a heavy composite floorplate extension that replaces the stock floorplate. Uses the factory trigger guard/follower/spring/mag box. You remove the pin for the hinge on the floorplace and reinstall this one. Ends up allowing 8 (7+1) rounds in the .308

I wouldn't put it on a real hard use/duty rifle, but it was an interesting toy I had heard good things about and was cheap, and since that's the theme of this LTR build I tossed one on to see how it would fair. Seems fine so far but in fairness I haven't done a ton of shooting with it yet.

One downside would be for hunting if your state has a 4-5 round mag capacity limit you would have to remove it and reinstall the factory plate. Though I suppose you could build some type of block that reduced the capacity for hunting use.

Another one here who went B&C Light Tactical, albeit the SPS,not the LTR.

Just waiting on my Falcon . . .

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

I really like that B&C stock. I think I'm gonna have to give it a try. I just ordered the mag extender from Brownells.