• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock options for Savage MK II FV??

Jimmy2Times

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2005
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Are there any aftermarket stock options (other than the ugly ass laminate stocks from Boyd's) available for the Savage MK II FV? I'd really like to lose the standard issue Savage plastic POS stock the rifle came with.

Thanks for any info.

Re: Stock options for Savage MK II FV??

Sharpshooter Supply has a laminated stock for them, it has more of a tactical look than a lot of other laminates do.

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Look under the rimfire stocks, it's the Match/Target rimfire model. The black one in the pics looks good, just wish it was fiberglass.

I have the SSS Match/Target rimfire stock. It's a nice stock for the money. However, I have two friends that ordered the same stock and SSS gave them less than stellar sesrvice.

Friend one received the wrong stock. SSS would not answer the phone when he tried to contact them about the problem, and when they did, they took 2 months to get the stock replaced.

Friend two received his stock after a 3 month wait, even after SSS had told him they had sent the stock to him.

My days of dealing with SSS's crap are over. Too many problems and hassels for my taste. I'll stick with Kevin Rayhill at Stockade. He has a really nice line of stocks for Savage rifles and his work is outstanding.

Wish I had ordered one of his stocks for my Mark II to begin with.

Thats too bad your friend had trouble with them(SSS), I was told a 6 week wait on mine. That 6 weeks with be up at the end of next week I think. I have talked with them about 3 times, never had any trouble getting them on the phone or getting a return email.

I tried to find a synthetic one for a realistic price. Needless to say, I'm still looking...