• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Stock Pack, or Karsten

jhedg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2005
Gator Nation
I have a new A-4 my cheek weld sucks, so should I install a Karsten, or just use a stock pack. Dont really want to screw up the stock, but a Karsten would look nice

Re: Stock Pack, or Karsten

I use an eagle stock pack.

I remove the seam in the middle of the underside and slip in some closed cell foam to raise it up an extra .25". It's cheap, works well, and is removable.

I'd like longer Velcro straps, the factory Eagle ones are almost always too short for my setups. I've seen them somewhere ... but can't recall.

I got a Karsten on my Remy and ordered another for my CZ .22lr. Great product. The idea of drilling two holes in your stock is, to say the least unsettling at first, but if you follow direction carefully and go slowly, it should turn out OK.

Karsten. Like mine a lot. Very well built. Nice guy to deal with. Fellow Hide member, so answers to questions is but a PM away.

And, its not screwing up the stock, it is improving it.

I like the Karsten much better. Far more solid and easily adjustable. +1 on Karsten also being a pleasure to deal with.

got a 700 just installed and tested the karsten love it plus hes real easy to deal w/ and doesnt mind answering questions