• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stock Savage 110BA Muzzle Brake compared with API Fat Bastard GEN2

Reaper350

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Tulsa OK
I purchased an API Fat Bastard GEN2 Muzzle brake due to the recoil on the Savage 110BA Stealth in .338 Lapua Magnum I purchased in the spring. The gun was fun to shoot but getting back on target was a pain. I have been looking at different brakes and suppressors for a while and due to cost and time decided between 2 brakes. The Terminator T4 or the Fat Bastard GEN2. The T4 was 250 and the GEN2 was 185. The videos I watched of the comparisons showed the T4 only besting the GEN2 by about 2" or so in recoil so I decided on the GEN2. I went to see my parents in Tennessee over Thanksgiving to do a little hunting (We didn't see anything) so I decided to do a back to back comparison. I shot at 400 yards 3 shots with the stock Savage brake, swapped to the GEN2 and shot 4. It is amazing the amount of recoil the GEN2 takes out! Over half! It does direct more of the blast back over your shoulders but its not bad at all. The Savage brake shots are the one in the neck and the 2 at the top of the head. The GEN2 are the 3 in the head and the one in the X. Yes I need more range time but now that Im not getting pounded we will be hitting the range more! I was shooting Hornady 285 Grain Amax. Had to stick a pic in of my kiddos first hunt!

Attachments

• IMG_9937.JPG
    IMG_9937.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9942.JPG
    IMG_9942.JPG
    397.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9927.JPG
    IMG_9927.JPG
    688.9 KB · Views: 55