• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock selection?

reewik

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 8, 2009
    La Vergne, TN
    I have a Remington SPS with the standard Hogue overmold stock that I am looking to replace. I am on a very limited budget on this one. I am looking at a HS Precision LTR stock or the HS Precision PSS stock. From users, how do they compare?

Re: Stock selection?

Look at the B&C medalist at stocky's stocks, less money than the stocks you are looking at and a very sturdy platform for that rifle. Here is a shot of my SPS varmint.

GEDC0444-2.jpg

reewik,

The LTR stock (H-S Model PSV004) and the PSS stock (H-S Model PST012) are different in that the PSS has double palm swells, and is longer than the LTR stock, which has no palm swells at all.

The LTR stock was made for the use with a 20" barrel, and the PSS stock for barrels 24"-26".

I just sold my LTR stock, as it was too short in the fore-end, my hand kept hitting the second sling swivel stud. I replaced it H-S stock # PSV096 in Olive. This stock was made for 22"-24" barrels, and the fore-end is long enough so I don't hit the fore-end swivel stud.

Construction of the three is identical. If your considering a new H-S stock instead of an LTR or PSS cast off try this vendor:

Stocky's Stocks

They have B&C stocks as well, and they are about $100. cheaper than H-S Precision stocks. I also have a Rem 700 SA XCR Compact in .223 with the factory B&C stock. I might want to let it go to fund another H-S Precision. PM me if your interested.

Bob

Dont look past the new Choate! There are a couple of threads going around here now with reveiws of them.

Try the search function!