• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock swap, other alternatives?

Thomasj1107

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2020
So I had a custom rifle built and let the guy talk me out of an adjustable cheek piece at the time. The stock is an AG Chalk branch. I hate the look of most add on cheek pads, like the material sleeves that I’ve seen, unless someone has a suggestion for a good one? I also don’t even know if an add on one would get me into the right position.

That being said, If I wound up hating it that much, is the cost to switch it out just the price of a new stock and how much more should it be to get everything put on the new stock?

I bravo is $380 depending in your action. Everything else goes up from there but the bravo is a solid stock for the price. You can also get an adjustable cheek piece put in for $250 from a member on here. An MPA/ACC chassis for example is $900+

I'd just bubba gunsmith one of these XLR cheek rests onto it.

I bravo is $380 depending in your action. Everything else goes up from there but the bravo is a solid stock for the price. You can also get an adjustable cheek piece put in for $250 from a member on here. An MPA/ACC chassis for example is $900+
Appreciate the response…. I don’t think a member on here can make my fixed stock an adjustable one? Correct me if I’m wrong

Joe Ducos, @jducos, uses Terry Cross' KMW Loggerhead hardware to make your stock an adjustable cheekpiece. He does great work and you almost can't tell that the stock wasn't made with an adjustable cheekpiece.

The last email I had for him was [email protected]

Edited to include Joe's current SH name, stockdoc is old and he doesn't use it anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: DJL2
Joe Ducos, @stockdoc, uses Terry Cross' KMW Loggerhead hardware to make your stock an adjustable cheekpiece. He does great work and you almost can't tell that the stock wasn't made with an adjustable cheekpiece.

The last email I had for him was [email protected]
Looks like he hasn’t logged on here in years…. But that is EXACTLY what I’m looking for. Does anyone else know how to contact him?

Looks like he hasn’t logged on here in years…. But that is EXACTLY what I’m looking for. Does anyone else know how to contact him?

If you are looking for a qualified shop to do a professional conversion of your fixed comb stock, I highly recommend Joe Ducos.

Joe has done hundreds of conversions to McMillan, Manners, Bell & Carson, H-S Precision, Grayboe and various OEM stocks. There are 100s of pictures of his work posted on various forums by satisfied customers that have utilized his service. Joe stands behind his work and takes great pride in the finished work.
Joe will do the necessary dissecting of your comb, fill any necessary voids, prep, install KMW LoggerHead hardware and refinish the altered areas to blend with the original stock finish. Considering the amount of labor and detail work involved with the correct execution of this work, Joe is extremely reasonable with pricing and turnaround.

Joe is easy to work with and communicates well with his clients. If you wish to make an inquiry direct with Joe he can be reached at:

Email: [email protected]
or
Phone: (209) 620 - 5268

Stock Doc is still here, just with another user name... there's another thread about that already where he updated his info here, just don't recall it offhand.

Yep. Still kicking guys. And now from a free state to boot!!

Sorry but lost my stock doc handle during the whole scout switch. But been installing kmw loggerhead since around 98-99!

Contact me for pictures or any other information

[email protected]
Cell 209 620 5268