• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock upgrade suggestions for new style savage

captainbarred

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Schenectady, NY
Sup fellas!

Yesterday I had a little chat on the phone with Scott from Liberty Optics.

In the next week or two he'll be shipping me a PST Viper and ADM mount
smile.gif

Next upgrade to the gun is the stock.

The stick I have is the Savage 10 Precision Carbine.

I don't like the accustock and would like something with a better grip(vertical if possible) as well as a higher(or preferably adjustable cheek weld).

My savage is the one with the trigger guard bolt release and 4.4in screw hole spacing.

Its the newer style and there seem to be few options for it right now.

I see three options so far.

B&C for about $260 with the Karsten adjustable cheek rest.

Choate sniper custom package - is about $500

Choate Tactical Custom Package - again about $500.

I'm not in love with either of the choate stocks, nor the $500 price tag - seems to be a lot for the tag.

Do I have any other options that I am missing?

thoughts? Suggestions?? Input???

Re: Stock upgrade suggestions for new style savage

Manners or McMillan. I chose the McMillan A5 for my 10PC.

024qv.jpg

mcmillan or manners while they are pricier in comparison to the others you mentioned they stronger lighter and altogether a better piece worth spending the money on

If I were you i would seriously take a look at Stockade stocks, great stocks for your price, and imo much better than anything you listed, the only problem is the wait, but if you're patient you'll love them, and Kevin Rayhill will customize it exactly how you want it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I were you i would seriously take a look at Stockade stocks, great stocks for your price, and imo much better than anything you listed, the only problem is the wait, but if you're patient you'll love them, and Kevin Rayhill will customize it exactly how you want it. </div></div>

I agree. Probably worth the wait. I heard the wait times are long, but his CS is top notch.

choate tactical stock and karsten cheek piece, mcrees chassis, xlr evolution

Wow, lots of awesome options!!!! Thanks guys!

I just spent the last hour going through everything listed.

I love the Manner T5-A but at nearly $700.... wowser!

The McMillin A5 is really nice as well.

I do like the looks of the coyote stalker from Stockade but am not ready to commit to a thumbhole style stock without getting a feel for it.

Overall some great ideas there.

Might I ask what the major differences are between say the B&C Medalist and the McMillin A5?

both say 2.5-3lb
layout/design is similar.

I'm guessing its a quality difference, unless they have major differences in the mounting hardware.....