• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock weight

Seventy 1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Canada
How heavy do you think you could get a HTG stock for an M40A1 set up to weigh if using sniper fill and a 2lb USO? Wanted the finished rifle around 16LBS.

Re: Stock weight

I think it will be close, but closer to 14 lbs range I would think. My custom is in a AICS 2.0, with an m40 barrel contour at 21.75 inches with a nightforce is 17 lbs. Little heavier stock. I guess If the barrel was a little longer it would add some weight and you could get it up there. Or you could just add more weight to the stock, still will be close or at least not far off.

I hear ya. Wasn't sure how much weight you could add to the HTG stock.

I have added 3 pounds to a McMillan A-5 , bored two holes in the rear behind but pad and milled out the forend under the barrel and filled with lead.
The gun was build on a Phoeninx Machine SA single shot reciever and sported a 24" full bull barrel in 6BR , with a Leupold MK4 8.5-25x50mm scope total weight wasright at 20 pounds.

Your stock with that barrle conture could get to 16 pounds with enough weight in the stock.

what will be the weight on a Mcmillan A-5 stock with the following accessories please
butt pad-spacer system
integral cheek piece
anschutz rail
tried mcmillan's they won't reply
regards
Guy