• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock weight ?

lostangel

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
El Campo, TX
www.inamorato.net
Remington 700 SS 5R
HS Precision stock from factory.
Been bedded and painted, Harris Bi-Pod, otherwise, just like it came from the fun store.

Just seems like the barrel is so much heavier than the rest of the rifle. Sitting on the bipod, no scope or anything, you have to grab it about 1 hands width in front of the trigger guard to get a balanced grip on it. Otherwise, 1 handed, the barrel will fall.

I am wondering, after I finally get my S&B 5-25X56 delivered to me, and mounted, how front heavy this thing will be?

Should I look into some kind of weight in the butt end of the stock? Or should it be ok? Not so much care about recoil, just balance of the rifle.

Thanks

Patrick

Re: Stock weight ?

I shot my stock 700P pretty well. Unless your shooting it offhand I do not really see why you should need the weight in the rear end.

Re: Stock weight ?

Yea the factory HS Precision stock that comes on the 5R's isn't very heavy for sure. Mine felt the same way, but yes is it will get better with a scope.

Better yet, stick it in an AICS and the entire thing is heavy then
smile.gif

Jake