• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stockade Prairie Dog Special vs Coyote Stalker

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
I am getting a stockade stock for my rem 504 and am not sure which stock to got with. there are things I like about both. I like the butthook on the Prairie Dog Special but I don't like the rounded grip and beefiness, it is also longer and my rifle only has an 18 inch sporter barrel. I like the thinner forearm and straight grip on the Coyote Stalker, but I really want a stock with a 11 degree grip angle and a butthook. resale also matter since I am going to be upgrading to something better in a few years. Any opinions would be appreciated expectantly form people who owned either stock.

note my hands are also on the smaller side

Re: Stockade Prairie Dog Special vs Coyote Stalker

tactical.jpg
Prarie Dog

coyotestalker.jpg

Coyote

Re: Stockade Prairie Dog Special vs Coyote Stalker

i don't have either, but if wanting to match that rifle in your signature as a trainer type o' thang, the stalker appears a better match.

on the "money saver" the difference of 50.00 too which may allow you to sell it quicker in a few years at a lower price.

i like the look and features on the prairie, but you already said you don't want slimmer design of the stalker.

there's 3 things to add to the "pros" side of the pros / cons list.