• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stockade Stocks

FALbert

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
I was worried with Savages latest changes that I'd be hard pressed to find a drop in stock for my Model 10 FCP non Accustock with the wider trigger guard and integral bolt release. Kevin from Stockade told me they have just what I need. I'm now ready to purchase yet, have to save up the funds. It's a toss up between the "Woodchuck " and the "Prairie Dog Special/Tactical". I'd like some input from fellow Hide members on their experiences with either of these stocks. Thanks.

For your reference: http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/stocks.html

Re: Stockade Stocks

I've the latter for my Savage Target action in 260Rem. Nice stock IMO.
You better bed the action though, or send the action to Kevin to be bedded.

marpat2.jpg

Got the tactical/pd on my 700 LA. Mine took a bit longer and cost more than a savage mainly since they specialize in savages. It was worth it.

I'm sure you can tell by looking at them that the woodchuck is more of a hunting stock than the Pdog. I think the question is how do you plan using the gun? Hunting or bench. I love my Pdog but its on 28" 308. Plus the money saver is a great option for $235.

I don't hunt. Just range time. Is the Pdog much heavier than the Woodchuck?

I have a couple of savages in the Woodchuck stock and would recommend it highly.

Kevin is good to deal with.

wes in AZ