Stocks! Anyone investing right now?

nso123

High Speed Steel Stinger
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Tennessee
I personally wouldn’t jump on any of these Reddit waves. You can bet the big funds have already made adjustments in their AI to quickly account for any future moves like this.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball

hollowoutadime

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
I personally wouldn’t jump on any of these Reddit waves. You can bet the big funds have already made adjustments in their AI to quickly account for any future moves like this.
Spot on. Kudos to those that found the crack and exploited it.

Earthquake, work and trade small. Make 10%/yr over 30yrs and you're a hero. Invest in the early years, compounds nicely - allows you to skate in later years (and be stuck in the bear pit)

Reactions: earthquake

TrevK

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
Texas
It was fun while it lasted and I got out all but 1 share in the green. That last share of GME can ride forever cuz you only lose if you sell right?!

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    Keep buying silver and drive the price up for me. 🤠

That's not necessarily the way it works.

The mint probably has billions of ASE gen1 and gen 2 coins available for purchase right now. The gen 2 coins are being held back for it's official release later this year. This doesn't include the clearing houses who mint their own slugs and bars.

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020
    My awakening came when I knocked back one too many beers with an in-law relative that manages his own hedge fund. Not huge, but he's doing QUITE well.

Years back his fund held enough shares of an international avocado company listed on NASDAQ to move the stock price significantly. In a half drunken state he spilled the beans on how he was able to leverage this power to make a killing.

The big players will always push the little guys around. Hats off to POTATO_IN_MY_ASS and the rest of the reddit boys for sticking it to the man.
    DAMN those hedge funds and their avocado price manipulation. Is nothing fucking sacred. What’s next pole beans? Tomatoes? Jesus.

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    I was talking to someone about amc yesterday, conversation went something like this
    ‘you’re still open on amc? you got some balls, man’
    ‘diamond hands bro’
    🙄

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020
    So where did all the GME “fuck the man” millionaires disappear too .

Mr.BR

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 5, 2017
    So when can we expect Tesla stock to come to where it should be ?at maybe 10% of what it is now .

CxAgent

Private
    Minuteman
    May 6, 2018
    I just started today...literally. Opened an account with TD Ameritrade ten minutes ago....I know jack-shit about stocks/investing/etc., but reading all these forum boards over the last few weeks and seeing all the news about Gamestop has me interested. Am I a day-trader now? LoL. Should be something fun to do as a hobby I guess. Holy shit what am I getting into?!? TONS to learn.
    I have been at this for 5 short months. I have a win rate of approximately 68% ( I use tradervue to track). I don't manage risk well and take way bigger loses than I should. Currently I am down 25% on just 3 losing trades in one account. It is all about risk management and finding the right stocks. And if nothing else don't ever average down on a losing trades because the times it does not work will wipe out the gains from the times it did work. I had 6 winning trades today and 1 loser. The loser was only 1/2 of the smallest winning trade. I am slowly learning. In short papertrade until you are consistently profitable and don't blindly follow anyone.

earthquake

Trained Observer
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    Sand Point, AK
    Told you bitches you should have bought it, but hey I am just a dumb college drop out. When I recommended it on Tues the 2nd of Feb it was .0075 now it's .033 Ouch sucs 2 b u!
    I signed up with Ameritrade that day and with zero experience I was gonna buy VPER based on what you said just because, why not, as my first stock.

Well FUCK me, my bank and Ameritrade can't figure out how to acknowledge each other quickly so I couldn't buy shit all week, that is until tomorrow morning finally! Been watching VPER skyrocket all week. 🤮😭

I told a bud of mine and he bought it. At least I was able to help him make money. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: scotty2hotty

scotty2hotty

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 6, 2017
    I signed up with Ameritrade that day and with zero experience I was gonna buy VPER based on what you said just because, why not, as my first stock.

Well FUCK me, my bank and Ameritrade can't figure out how to acknowledge each other quickly so I couldn't buy shit all week, that is until tomorrow morning finally! Been watching VPER skyrocket all week. 🤮😭

I told a bud of mine and he bought it. At least I was able to help him make money. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    I am holding strong , might go down tomorrow, might be a pump stock? I know for sure it will hit .10 check out their twitter page

Stealff

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 20, 2009
    Midland, TX
    I just started today...literally. Opened an account with TD Ameritrade ten minutes ago....I know jack-shit about stocks/investing/etc., but reading all these forum boards over the last few weeks and seeing all the news about Gamestop has me interested. Am I a day-trader now? LoL. Should be something fun to do as a hobby I guess. Holy shit what am I getting into?!? TONS to learn.
    Dividend Growth stocks( VZ, JNJ, T, WMT and many others), you wont get rich quick, but you wont lose your ass either. Unless the apocalypse happens, then it wont matter anyway.

Hobo Hilton

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 4, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Everyone was focused on Elon Musk and Tesla's $1.5 Billion bitcoin gambit

Most overlooked this news:

Oil prices shake off COVID blues as Brent hits $60

Oil prices rose to their highest levels in over a year on Monday, as output cuts and stimulus hopes drive crude higher.

The oil cycle continues.

Hobo

A late foot note buried in another article. One line says it all:

With 80% of government income based on oil, Kuwait needs crude at $90 to balance the new budget.

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 7:40 PM PT – Monday, February 8, 2021​

Economists are warning that Joe Biden’s policies may cause double-digit inflation, unseen since the late 1970s.

Unfortunately, the Biden administration may be about to repeat the same mistakes as Jimmy Carter, only this time it will be far worse,” Kevin Freeman, financial terrorism expert at the Center for Security Policy said. “In the four years of Jimmy Carter, the annual inflation rate rose from 5.7 percent before he took office, to 13.5 percent when he left.”

LOL

Last edited:

camocorvette

Sergeant
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2010
    Minnesota

Oil prices rose to their highest levels in over a year on Monday, as output cuts and stimulus hopes drive crude higher.

The oil cycle continues.

Hobo

With 80% of government income based on oil, Kuwait needs crude at $90 to balance the new budget.

OAN Newsroom​

Economists are warning that Joe Biden’s policies may cause double-digit inflation, unseen since the late 1970s.

Unfortunately, the Biden administration may be about to repeat the same mistakes as Jimmy Carter, only this time it will be far worse,” Kevin Freeman, financial terrorism expert at the Center for Security Policy said. “In the four years of Jimmy Carter, the annual inflation rate rose from 5.7 percent before he took office, to 13.5 percent when he left.”

LOL
    So that means iran, maybe korea in the next couple 10 years.. Gotta have a big one to pay the bills...

Reactions: Huskydriver

8pointer

Major Award Winner
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    It ain't sexy, but damn does it work. Plus when you look higher up the capital stack into preferred shares and baby bonds you get even more insulation if div cuts come to common shares during volatility.
    Dividend Growth stocks( VZ, JNJ, T, WMT and many others), you wont get rich quick, but you wont lose your ass either. Unless the apocalypse happens, then it wont matter anyway.

Last edited:

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020
    Spot on. Kudos to those that found the crack and exploited it.

Earthquake, work and trade small. Make 10%/yr over 30yrs and you're a hero. Invest in the early years, compounds nicely - allows you to skate in later years (and be stuck in the bear pit)
    About 99% of human kind cannot average 10% a year for 30 or anything close there Mr.Buffet

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020

The oil cycle continues.

Hobo

OAN Newsroom​

LOL
    Do any of you guys ever check anything, maybe read a financial newspaper ?
    NOBODY in the Middle East needs $90 oil, they all are profitable @ about $35-$40.

Mr.BR

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 5, 2017
    Do any of you guys ever check anything, maybe read a financial newspaper ?
    NOBODY in the Middle East needs $90 oil, they all are profitable @ about $35-$40.
    You are talking two different numbers , yes they are profitable at extracting the oil for 35$ but they are spending so much $$ they need 90$ to run balanced budgets.

8pointer

Major Award Winner
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    I'd agree the vast majority can't/won't b/c they are market timers looking at their feet vs the horizon. S&P historical averages are one thing, but what the emotional swings of the garden variety investor does to that with in/out moves buy high/sell low is another. Look at the volume of people who punched out last summer and have continued to sit out? Heck I have 2 in my sphere right now buying back in after missing the ride back up...painful to watch. If CNBC and Twitter didn't exist I firmly believe they'd of stayed in, but the sat inside for weeks on end absorbing every doomsday prophecy fed to them and folded.

Last edited:

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2013
    About 99% of human kind cannot average 10% a year for 30 or anything close there Mr.Buffet

Just stop. You’re talking out of your ass. Anybody that CAN’T get 10% a year needs to fire their broker or stop following stock twits on fucking Reddit. You can literally invest $50 a week in any ETF that mimicked the S&P and get well over 10% return on your money. Quit trying to look smart.

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020
    Just stop. You’re talking out of your ass. Anybody that CAN’T get 10% a year needs to fire their broker or stop following stock twits on fucking Reddit. You can literally invest $50 a week in any ETF that mimicked the S&P and get well over 10% return on your money. Quit trying to look smart.
    Yeah, unlike shooting forum investment pro’s, I did it as an advisor for the largest investment firm in the world for 40 years, and ran a large book, so if anybody is talking out of their ass.....look behind you and do a search for my earlier post.
    you know how FEW investors actually put the majority of their $ in an index and leave it their for years, let alone 10+ ?
    Next year, when you get out of middle school, see if they offer investment 101.
    Lastly, not really trying to look smart but, after you.......well it ain’t tough.

Reactions: KeithR41 and Choid

thestoicmarcusaurelius

The Real Tiger King
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 15, 2020
    Alabama Slammer

easy to see why that guy is so grumpy all the time lol since his position is basically that anyone that spent any money with him basically wasted it when they would have been better off in an index according to him

That guy constantly argues how his previous job gives him credibility but in the same breath argues that his job was basically meaningless and a waste of money to pay his fees given that investors would have been better off in an index to lower fees and transaction costs for similar or better risk adjusted returns.

Reactions: BigTex and TrevK

TxWelder35

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 17, 2018
    DFW
    easy to see why that guy is so grumpy all the time lol since his position is basically that anyone that spent any money with him basically wasted it when they would have been better off in an index according to him

That guy constantly argues how his previous job gives him credibility but in the same breath argues that his job was basically meaningless and a waste of money to pay his fees given that investors would have been better off in an index to lower fees and transaction costs for similar or better risk adjusted returns.
    And then doesnt understand the difference between profitability and running a balanced budget.

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020
    I'd agree the vast majority can't/won't b/c they are market timers looking at their feet vs the horizon. S&P historical averages are one thing, but what the emotional swings of the garden variety investor does to that with in/out moves buy high/sell low is another. Look at the volume of people who punched out last summer and have continued to sit out? Heck I have 2 in my sphere right now buying back in after missing the ride back up...painful to watch. If CNBC and Twitter didn't exist I firmly believe they'd of stayed in, but the sat inside for weeks on end absorbing every doomsday prophecy fed to them and folded.

Pretty much the majority of individuals.
    When I was running investment $ ( which I was) I was offered and attended a few, continuing education investment courses at both Cornell and Harvard.
    These were primarily aimed @sell side advisors, generally either in senior positions or large producers. At Harvard, in particular, the vast majority came down into two categories, the inability of most investors to adhere to a systematic discipline over time an/or the total inability of so many investors, particularly large retail ones to avoid inherently personal/ physiological factors to derail their investment risk profiles and objectives..i.e. they cannot stand the swings of any mkt volatility, in particular with larger numbers.
    Only reason I post this is, which is part in parcel of these types of forums , the rather appalling degree of total bullshit that gets posted. Lots of which will come back and haunt some of these guys many times over.
    You can almost tell within two sentences whether some of these guys have a clue.
    The current world we live in

Last edited:

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020

Always nice to hear from Spartacus. Not only clueless about correct answers, couldn’t even begin to figure what the proper questions are to begin with.
    Let me guess, next year, ninth grade ?

thestoicmarcusaurelius

The Real Tiger King
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 15, 2020
    Alabama Slammer
    Always nice to hear from Spartacus. Not only clueless about correct answers, couldn’t even begin to figure what the proper questions are to begin with.
    Maybe Harvard has a class for coming to terms and living with yourself after making a career out of knowingly being useless and wasting investor’s money?

Hell, they have to have that class if they have to have a class to tell people that the majority of humans lack self discipline and consistency lol

thestoicmarcusaurelius

The Real Tiger King
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 15, 2020
    Alabama Slammer
    I’ve already admitted I have a lizard brain and no one should take any advice from me

You’re butt hurt because you’ve gotten called out for your shit posting and have gotten called on several factually incorrect statements you’ve made

Earlier, you gave what some (not me)would consider financial advice and advised to invest in an s&p500 index long term. There were no disclaimers about whether this fit a specific investor’s investment goals or whether it would be appropriate for the specific circumstances that each investor might face and all of their specialized concerns and their own levels of risk aversion and volatility aversion
    or that’s it not a universal one size fits all approach for all investors.

You indicate that you made a career out of being an advisor. There is no way to square your career up with the advice that an s&p index is the way to go for all investors and not come to the conclusion that your career was meaningless and wasted people’s money. Any money they spent on being advised or any other fees could have been bought to buy more of the s&p index which is what your advice is anyway.

so, not too hard to see how you’re so butt hurt and angry all the time given all of the internal conflict you must have

Tim7139

Banhammer
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2020
    Angry, who’s angry?
    Don’t mistake pointing out dumb shit for anger.
    Where did you mistakenly assume all investors are 100 % stock market investors ?
    Study up on fixed income and asset allocation, you know, after sword sharpening and gladiator net weaving classes are over.

Although, perhaps, let me guess, based on the suitability comment, maybe you sell mutual funds out of mom’s basement while you’re saving up enough to enroll in dog grooming school ?

The S&P comment was presumed to be for market performance comparisons so if you have time do a search for “ reading for understanding for lizard brains” if that’s a thing.

Last edited:

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2013
    Yeah, unlike shooting forum investment pro’s, I did it as an advisor for the largest investment firm in the world for 40 years, and ran a large book, so if anybody is talking out of their ass.....look behind you and do a search for my earlier post.
    you know how FEW investors actually put the majority of their $ in an index and leave it their for years, let alone 10+ ?
    Next year, when you get out of middle school, see if they offer investment 101.
    Lastly, not really trying to look smart but, after you.......well it ain’t tough.

Cool story bro. Up until October of 2019 I was a senior regional account manager for TD Ameritrade until I quit to trade on my own full time.
    I just made $40K today. What the fuck did you do?

But yeah........I don’t know what I’m talking about. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 589F5B51-6C39-4864-AFC3-F9EABBD23187.jpeg
      589F5B51-6C39-4864-AFC3-F9EABBD23187.jpeg
      217.5 KB · Views: 36