• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stocks Molded in vs painted

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I am going to be purchasing a stock to build a surgeon based 338 lapua. I have had nothing but "issues" wit the poainted stocks and recently say 9 months ago bought a 3 color molded in McMillan and will never look back
    What other stock makers have molded in colors like Mcmillan I know manners are painted and would love to buy an 4a but the painting part is making it a no go .
    Bill

Re: Stocks Molded in vs painted

I came to the same conclusion. I really liked the fit of my Manners T2 but just prefer the Gel coat finish on a McMillan and the Manners was the first to be traded off.....I won't buy a painted McMillan either. I guess that's why we have options.

I really like the McMillan marbling.

Robertson Composites also does gel coats.

I also prefer the gel coats. If Manners starts doing gel coats I will buy another T4A. Until them I will be doing the 8 month wait for McMillans.

Deffinatly the molded swirly's for me.I guess i dont mind the wait for a finish that will stick!

I run manners, never really minded the looks of a molded in camo.

What kind of "issues" are you having with painted stocks?

Just got my McM A5 from JW Precision after only a 4 month wait. I was really considering a Manners MCS GAT for the next build. Still in the air on that one.

If you don't mind one color(no camo) the painted stocks are ok because you can hit it with the Krylon "one more time" whenever you need to.

But for me, the molded in Macs are the way to go.

Now if only someone would make molded in camo AICS skins!!!!!!!!!!