• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stocky’s VG2 - Looking for feedback/reviews

MurphyTX

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2023
Houston
I am looking to upgrade the factory stock on my Howa 1500 in parallel with some new glass. Because of the action, it doesn’t seem like many options are out there for aftermarket stocks.

The Stocky’s VG2 looks like a contender given its style and weight, but I cannot find reviews or feedback from people who have purchased one. I was wondering if any of the claims on the website hold true (no need for pillars or to bed the action, composite material as strong as an aluminum chassis, etc.) and how people felt about the stock.

The KRG Bravo is ~1lb heavier, cheaper by ~$100, and provides a solid chassis with tons of support. I would love to save the weight if I can, but don’t want to waste my money or have to go down the gunsmith rabbit hole to install pillars and bed the action if the machine work isn’t great.

I have one and use it as a hunting stock. So far it’s been great. I did not bed it and it seems to be as accurate as my bravo. It’s very light in the rear end. I did notice that it’s a little nosier than the bravo, due to the hollow carbon construction in the rear. I’ve been happy with it.

I have one and use it as a hunting stock. So far it’s been great. I did not bed it and it seems to be as accurate as my bravo. It’s very light in the rear end. I did notice that it’s a little nosier than the bravo, due to the hollow carbon construction in the rear. I’ve been happy with it.
In one of the threads someone had put expanding foam in the rear to deaden the sound and even some weight, is it that big of an annoyance?

It comes with expanding foam in the buttstock.

I thought it was hollow based on the posts I read, so thanks for the correction.

Is the comb height high enough to where you don’t need any sort of riser of some sort, and did you do anything to help gain grip on the stock? I read that the finish is extremely slick and could use some texturing or something to help with grip.

I didn’t need a riser. I ran a lpvo for hunting season with vortex 1” tall rings. The stock is very smooth. I added a few strips of Cat Tongue tape to the sides and bottom for extra grip.

Reactions: MurphyTX