• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

STOL Competition in Valdez,AK

Re: STOL Competition in Valdez,AK

The experimental Super Cub is the reason I want to get my pilots license! 78' combined take off and landing, I'd say that qualifies it as a helicopter and therefore unsafe! Some want to see how fast they can go through the air, with Super Cubs it a matter of how slow you can get without falling out of the sky.

Pretty neat that in the article it says one of the competitors is a 17 year old who took 4th place......in an experimental Cub he built himself from the ground up! NASA, ARE YOU LISTENING!!

That is amazing! Even 100' per take off or landing is impressive, but combined is phenomenal.

Love watching those videos. I've seen some pictures of the guys that nosed one a little too far on the short landings and dinged their props. All the tip pointing backwards is not a good sight.

That is some serious skill right there, and some very capable aircraft to boot! Awesome. Thanks for sharing.