• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen ammo and shipper

Blackhawk 1

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I purchased a South African battle pack here on the hide. My purchase went fine, only problem a employee from United Parcel Service UPS decided to open the battle pack and help themselves to two 140 round packs of my 308 ammo. Maybe I should be happy they did not steal more than two. I'm going to try and press this issue and see what happens. Fed-Ex has been the best to ship with guns and ammo as well as anything else, all of my shipping problems have been from UPS.

Good luck. I hate shipping with UPS, they've stolen or stolen from several packages I've sent. They also only pay about 50% of the time. Complete assholes to deal with when it comes to claims. Fed-X and US mail are much better companies.

It was shipped correctly and UPS was fully a where of the ammo. The ammo was in an ammo can with lead and cable seals.

Correctly as in a shipping box containing the ammo can or just the ammo can with a ship label??

If it's the latter the seller screwed you.

It was an ammo can with a shipping label.

No offense to the seller but it's laziness on their part, packing it in a box or something would have alleviated the bullcrap you went thru.

You might as well be shipping a gun in a gun case, it'll scream there's a gun in here. Same situation in that you wouldn't receive the gun just an empty gun case..

Uh....you don't ship an ammo can. You don't put it in a box either, you make a box around it and tape it all with strapping tape. Is there no ingenuity in this world anymore? Out of sight out of mind. Never make it easy for a thief. Seller screwed you, cause he is a moron. I have never trusted UPS, the Samsonite gorilla still works there. USPS has never lost a package of mine. Fed Ex has also been great.

You don't put it in a box either, you make a box around it .
??? Potato potatoe wtf's the difference??

Plenty of boxes an ammo can will fit I deal with electric motors and ballasts all day long and there are plenty of boxes available that'll hold a loaded ammo can.

Don't make a mountain out of an ant hill....

No offence was meant to you BRian so chill TF out. You missed my point, not everyone has a box lying around that is strong enough for this chore, let alone the correct size. What I am saying is think outside the box before you do something stupid like....oh...I don't know...label a friggen ammo can. I did not mean to imply you shouldn't use a god damned box that you have laying around if it is strong and the correct size!

I had an issue with UPS and Midway with a shipment of ammo a few years back. Midway did not hesitate to replace the ammo and said they would figure it out with UPS. I don't usually order ammo from Midway but I was impressed with their customer service. I only use FedEx for my firearm shipments. Good luck Blackhawk!

No offence was meant to you BRian so chill TF out. You missed my point, not everyone has a box lying around that is strong enough for this chore, let alone the correct size. What I am saying is think outside the box before you do something stupid like....oh...I don't know...label a friggen ammo can. I did not mean to imply you shouldn't use a god damned box that you have laying around if it is strong and the correct size!
Roger that 10-4