• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms STOLEN FIREARM - IMI GALIL MODEL 329

zenmaster.357

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2012
STOLEN FROM CONCORD NORTH CAROLINA ON 10/9/20.

IMI GALIL MODEL 329 - .308 CAL

IMPORTED BY ACTION ARMS

SERIAL NUMBER - AAL 2087418

PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU SEE THIS GALIL POSTED ONLINE FOR SALE - REWARD IF RECOVERED

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!

Attachments

• 3B7B2C1E-6625-4676-9C89-C73B7C115C83.jpeg
    3B7B2C1E-6625-4676-9C89-C73B7C115C83.jpeg
    528.3 KB · Views: 516
  • 7AF878D5-409B-435E-AAF9-6B4A11560193.jpeg
    7AF878D5-409B-435E-AAF9-6B4A11560193.jpeg
    996.6 KB · Views: 488
  • 29CF0CDC-6255-4874-BFA9-BEE74666EE79.jpeg
    29CF0CDC-6255-4874-BFA9-BEE74666EE79.jpeg
    994.9 KB · Views: 360
  • 32B59A99-AB35-4E3A-96DA-AC6034C3BD95.jpeg
    32B59A99-AB35-4E3A-96DA-AC6034C3BD95.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 5C5CA9F9-68CF-49BA-BCF0-65C0523005AC.jpeg
    5C5CA9F9-68CF-49BA-BCF0-65C0523005AC.jpeg
    996.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 621D7549-4B48-45E7-927F-1D923C573A48.jpeg
    621D7549-4B48-45E7-927F-1D923C573A48.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 67E67AAF-0272-40FF-8412-F2D0A9DA2742.jpeg
    67E67AAF-0272-40FF-8412-F2D0A9DA2742.jpeg
    528.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
@zenmaster.357 you may want to cross-post this on one of the larger local Carolina gun forums as well:

Reactions: zenmaster.357
@zenmaster.357 you may want to cross-post this on one of the larger local Carolina gun forums as well:

This has been posted on carolina firearms forum as well as carolinas shooters club

I HIGHLY recommend you post this on AKFiles. If you can't because you are not a member, PM me and I will.

I’m not a member of AKFiles and don’t believe they are accepting new members. If you could please share the post it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Good luck finding the firearm. Something tells me that rifle is in Virginia.

I believe that the ARF.com has a section where you can post stolen firearms.

Good luck finding the firearm. Something tells me that rifle is in Virginia.

I believe that the ARF.com has a section where you can post stolen firearms.

why do you think Virginia? Already cross posted on ARF.com

do you mind saying the backstory? house robbed, car broken into, someone slipped away with it at the range. any lessons learned for the rest of us?

Shipped from TX to N.C. via FedEx Ground - Made it to the ground hub in Concord, NC. Was last tracked being loaded onto the delivery truck but was never delivered to my FFL. Presumably stolen by the FedEx driver who was technically a 3rd party contractor. Driver has been terminated.

LESSON TO BE LEARNED -DONT SHIP FEDEX GROUND / ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS INSURE YOUR FIREARM SHIPMENTS

always insure your rifle for more than its worth...hope it gets stolen and buy something better lol

that is a total crock of crap, keeping eyes open

Hate to hear this. I had a situation with USPS on a scope and unfortunately it was a losing battle even with insurance. I hope fedex makes it right.

just to ask have you tried any of the auction houses online that have them for sale ? at least to give them the heads up about yours being stolen local pawn shops there are a lot of them online quite a few of them with no serial listed well best of luck I hope you do end up finding it and getting it back that's a fine looking gun .

just to ask have you tried any of the auction houses online that have them for sale ? at least to give them the heads up about yours being stolen local pawn shops there are a lot of them online quite a few of them with no serial listed well best of luck I hope you do end up finding it and getting it back that's a fine looking gun .

I know of no online auction service that requires or even asks for the firearm's serial number. I personally would never list my firearm's serial number in an auction. I doubt the winner of the auction would want that information on the interweb for all to see.

always insure your rifle for more than its worth...hope it gets stolen and buy something better lol

that is a total crock of crap, keeping eyes open

This is usually what I do. No idea, but figured it might be incentive for the buyer to wait for the insurance. I.e. I insure it for the replacement value, vs the sale value. I figure it's insurance on insurance.

How does this work for the sending FFL
or the receiving FFL does it make them
have to do paperwork? Since this was on someone’s books and never transferred to you I wonder will they do more vs it just being taken from your house of vehicle if what I am saying makes sense.

How does this work for the sending FFL
or the receiving FFL does it make them
have to do paperwork? Since this was on someone’s books and never transferred to you I wonder will they do more vs it just being taken from your house of vehicle if what I am saying makes sense.

OP can comment, but I assumed this was just an individual-to-FFL shipment. If there's no originating FFL, there it wouldn't yet be on anyone's books. The receiving FFL won't have any skin in the game to allow them to file with ATF.

Maybe the takeaway is to only do FFL to FFL transfers, so the originating FFL could fine a report with ATF in the event the firearm comes up missing.

OP can comment, but I assumed this was just an individual-to-FFL shipment. If there's no originating FFL, there it wouldn't yet be on anyone's books. The receiving FFL won't have any skin in the game to allow them to file with ATF.

Maybe the takeaway is to only do FFL to FFL transfers, so the originating FFL could fine a report with ATF in the event the firearm comes up missing.
It was individual to my FFL- so the receiving FFL has not been involved. I filed the police report here in NC because it was stolen in this region. If it’s ever recovered, it would likely go back to the original owner as the transfer was never completed

I’ve called all the local pawn shops to keep them informed and have been actively checking online posts. If any potential buyer has the chance to google the serial number - this post will show up and hopefully they will know to contact the police or report it as stolen

Appreciate the help guys - best community there is - hopefully this bastard gets what’s coming

I had 9 handguns stolen from my home back in 1986. Filed police report and entered into NCIC. 12 years later I received one back and a second one about 6 years after that. Both times it was the result of an arrest where the perp had it in their possession. Still have 7 missing.

Hope you can find your missing property and hope the police find the thief. Good Luck!

Last edited: