• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

STOLEN possibly USO SN4

rem700man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2006
phoenix, AZ
Im pretty sure this SN4 I was shipping has been stolen by some one within Fedex.

Serial number 06-0117

Its a black SN4 1-4 circle chevron illuminated red.

If it turns up please alert me. It made it to Texas so if any of you Texas boys see it hit me up.

Re: STOLEN possibly USO SN4

I was the recipient of this USO SN4.....FedEx investigation member just admitted that an assembly line worker might have stolen the package via counterfeit address scan label addressed to nowhere and removing my address label! Then he typed into the system the scope was delivered......but to NO ADDRESS!!!!

Finally after three days of being treated like a Fucking Retard by the uncaring FedEx phone staff, they admit this!! Not to mention my wife took off work and waited for Three Days on the scope to arrive, every day being told that it would arrive!

Thank God Mike insured the scope!

I will never use FedEx again, and I hope you listen to my warning and NEVER USE FEDEX!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was the recipient of this USO SN4.....FedEx investigation member just admitted that an assembly line worker might have stolen the package via counterfeit address scan label addressed to nowhere and removing my address label! Then he typed into the system the scope was delivered......but to NO ADDRESS!!!!

Finally after three days of being treated like a Fucking Retard by the uncaring FedEx phone staff, they admit this!! Not to mention my wife took off work and waited for Three Days on the scope to arrive, every day being told that it would arrive!

I will never use FedEx again, and I hope you listen to my warning and NEVER USE FEDEX!!</div></div>

Wow just friggin' wow! They need to get their house in order pretty dang fast. That's going to be a big check.

That really sucks ... but that could have happend with any carrier. Dont write off Fedex because of one Jackass. You insured it and Fedex should do the right thing. I would alert USO just incase it goes in for repair.

It is unfortunate that Fedex treated you in this way.

USO has already been alerted. Now I just need to wait for Fedex to cut a check.

I got a shipment of stuff yesterday including a scope and somebody from UPS opened my MidwayUSA box and re-taped/relabeled it. Everything was in there but I am still kinda pissed about it, so it's not just Fed-ex. Seems like a general lack of respect in that whole industry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was the recipient of this USO SN4.....FedEx investigation member just admitted that an assembly line worker might have stolen the package via counterfeit address scan label addressed to nowhere and removing my address label! Then he typed into the system the scope was delivered......but to NO ADDRESS!!!!

I will never use FedEx again, and I hope you listen to my warning and NEVER USE FEDEX!! </div></div>

I had a bad experience with Fed-ex several years ago, and also do not use it anymore, will never use it again, and tell everyone I know not to use it, man word of mouth is a bitch, F-OFF Fed-ex

Wow, man, this REALLY sucks to hear! I have a NightForce NXS en route via FedEx and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Every shipper has it's downside but I've been very impressed with UPS. I live in a rural area and the delivery guys know me by name and even hold packages on their own accord if they know I'm out of town. My friend is a UPS feeder driver between the main hubs and he has nothing but good to say about their professionalism and their focus on safety, quality, and accountability, etc. Sure, there's dirtbags that will steal your stuff anywhere, but I use UPS whenever possible and have yet to have a problem (fingers crossed).

+1 for UPS. I have yet to have any issues with them when shipping firearms, ammo, or anything else.

Man, that sucks. I never use FedEx. I use UPS, and never had a problem with them. Good thing you guys insured it, its worth the extra few bucks to insure whatever you are shipping.

Funny thing is, FedEx is USO's main shipping company
shocked.gif

Mike, you know it could have been safely here in town at a good home, but no........

I've had several problems w/ UPS too... valueable packages left "hanging in a trashbag, on the fence" my wife's perscription narcotics "signed for by a man in the yard"...

crap happens w/ every carrier

WOW, just fucking wow. Hopefully someones head rolls when they find out who did it. I dont care if its a mercedes or a piece of bubble gum, if its not yours DONT FUCKING TAKE IT!

from time to time we get Fed Ex delivery at work. one day talking with the driver i found out he is not employed by them but contracted by them. he has to buy the truck,ins,gas,repairs,etc.

Ron

Insurance is your friend. Always insure for full retail, and you'll never be upset even if it does get stolen. More thank likely you'll come out way ahead.

I hate Fed Ex but am a sucker for punishment cuz I get free shipping from them often. They have screwed me on more than one occasion though, broken triggers, and one time they didn't send an overnight package overnight, a package that contained my wifes passport, next day we were taking the whole family to Chile with unrefundable tickets. When I told them to hold it at the local Fed Ex facility so I could come get it the following day before we left, some fucktard had them hold it at the shipping location, in California!!!!
mad.gif
After punching a hole in my kitchen wall, I had to drive down to the airport and pay cash money's to change four international flights.
mad.gif

Now, here's an interesting bit of info for all you; I work as a contractor in a quasi secret FedEx auction house where ALL FedEx lost or misrouted packages get sent, they poke around through the stuff and anything of value is auctioned off. Obviously these are packages that were claimed for and theoretically paid off.
I see every kind of commodity you can imagine, and even some you wouldn't. Cuban cigars, computers, dirt(yes dirt!!), ipod's, sperm sample's, aircraft part's, rocket motor's, airbag's, drug's(lotta them), Oh and the alcohol!! I don't drink but goin there make me wanna start!!! Since it is a regulated substance they cannot sell it to anyone legally, so they have to dispose of it, being a flammable liquid it falls on me to do so. I have dumped hundreds of gallons of top shelf liquor into 55 gallon drums, French champagne, Kentucky Bourbon, Italian wines, Jose, Jack, Sky, Goose, you name it I've dumped GALLONS of it into a drum, and then topped it off with synthetic turbine engine oil. Or whatever else they have in the flammable liquid department. They usually are high dollar large/nice bottles too (people don't waste time shipping the cheap shit FedEx).
I am always looking for those boxes of a certain shape and weight, I know alot of scopes are shipped FedEx, and I keep my eyes peeled.

When I ordered my NF a year ago, the UPS guy tried to jack my scope. My brother was home at the time to wait for my package. He heard the UPS truck drive by but did not stop. So he got in his car to chase the guy down. He asked him why he didn't stop at our house. He said that he did and that no one was home. This is complete BS as my brother literally watched him turn the corner and zip right pass our house. The crazy thing was that the tracking was marked as DELIVERED. It should have been marked for attempted delivery and redelivery. Ugh...

Also another issue with Fedex is that they have lost MANY shipments of ours at my company. You'll be amazed at the amount of shit they lose. I know because I handle all of our freight accounts. The amount of claims that we open every month is ridiculous. Many of these shipments range from $10k-20k of computer component parts. So they are easy to sell if you swindle one box of memory or hard drive. That is why we always INSURE all of our shipment.

That's unacceptable!!! The fact that Fedex has an auction for the lost packages is appalling. Every package has a person at home, work, Iraq, or wherever waiting on it's delivery, and each box should make it, and on time!
Stealing someone's property should be against the law, even in transit!!
As far as retards losing packages....it should be a fireable offence.