• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen Suppressors

bithead007

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2021
Colorado
So I apply, 8 months goes by, and despite written email requests SilencerCentral.com will not tell me when they are shipping it.

Then they "ship" it via USPS not requiring a signature, don't ever send me a tracking number, and its stolen out of the mailbox. Idiots.

So I'll deal with them later, but I'm not buying anything from those hacks.

I'm in the market for a new multi-caliber suppressor. Something that can do 9mm, 45, 223, 308, and magnum calibers like 300 Win MAG, 300 PRC and 338 Lapua.

Any recommendations? I'm in Colorado if that helps with identifying a store although a COMPETENT mail order dealer would be considered too.

Thanks in advance,
CJ

UPDATED: Silencer Central is the company that screwed up.

Last edited:
So I apply, 8 months goes by, and despite written email requests SilencerCo.com (Silencer Central) will not tell me when they are shipping it.

Then they "ship" it via USPS not requiring a signature, don't ever send me a tracking number, and its stolen out of the mailbox. Idiots.

I'm in the market for a new multi-caliber suppressor. Something that can do 9mm, 45, 223, 308, and magnum calibers like 300 Win MAG, 300 PRC and 338 Lapua.

Any recommendations? I'm in Colorado if that helps with identifying a store although a COMPETENT mail order dealer would be considered too.

Thanks in advance,
CJ
Mile High Shooting Mile High

So I apply, 8 months goes by, and despite written email requests SilencerCo.com (Silencer Central) will not tell me when they are shipping it.

Thanks in advance,
CJ
Wait. What? If it shipped to a FFL (as it must), then why wouldn't they be responsible for any acceptance issues in their chain of custody? I'm obviously not understanding what happened here.

Wait. What? If it shipped to a FFL (as it must), then why wouldn't they be responsible for any acceptance issues in their chain of custody? I'm obviously not understanding what happened here.
Of course they are responsible, but the 8 months starts all over again since it was stolen. Silencer Central are D*m8f*ck$ and mailed it, not requiring a signature. A thief opens the mailbox a half mile from my house and now a criminal has a device a criminal is not supposed to have.

The ATF paperwork maps to a serial number, not a general device.

So I have to start all over.

CJ

I was going to suggest the hybrid, but that’s the one you already know about. There are a few other good ones minus the 45.

I was going to suggest the hybrid, but that’s the one you already know about. There are a few other good ones minus the 45.
So I shoot 9mm, 223, 45, 300 win mag, 300 PRC and 338 Lapua right now that I would want to suppress. The plain old "Omega" looks like it would do everything except the 45 and Lapua.

Since I have a TB Ultra SR on order the Lapua is taken care of, so I guess I need one that does everything else (9mm, 223, 45, 300 win mag, 300 PRC).

CJ

The 338 ultra will suppress your 300wm and 300 prc extremely well.

For the others, if you’re dead set on suppressing them all with one can, then your only options I’m aware of are the sico hybrid and the griffin bushwhacker 46.

However, I will say that as an owner of the hybrid it is the last can I reach for unless it’s the only one that’ll work. It simply does not suppress as well as a more dedicated can. It’s long and heavy on handguns and does not suppress rifles as well as a dedicated .30 cal can. While longer and heavier it mitigates sound and recoil less on a 300 prc than the dead air nomad. It is not even in the same ball park as the 338 ultra.

If I were you, I’d try to get a dedicated handgun can and a .30 cal rifle can. For .45 cans the rugged obsidian is routinely recommended. For the .30 cal I personally would go with something from dead air (nomad or sandman) or tbac and if budget is a concern yhm has some decent offerings as well.

I have no experience with it but the omega 36m does seem to be an interesting offering as closer to a do it all can, but you would lose the ability to shoot .45.

For my response I have assumed the .223 is an AR, if the .223 is a bolt gun and not an Ar just use the ultra and buy a dedicated pistol can now and buy a .30 cal can down the road as funds allow.

I might be misinterpreting the story courtesy of St Patrick, but I’m reading it they shipped the suppressor to your house? Are you a dealer?
I think his ffl is who it was stolen from. They didn't require a signature, and put it in the ffl's mailbox. (Which I can easily believe they did because they did the same thing with quite a lot of silver and gold I got, which was obviously signature required and they just ignored it)

I am an FFL and you wouldn't believe how many dealers ship stuff without requiring a signature to save five dollars. Once I had to have my kid go pick up a pistol that was left on my front porch while I was out of town.

click the link in Tree's post.

They usually dont ship requiring a signature according to their page.

Learned something new today.

How many did this guy order??
1CFD4809-E879-47C5-8DC8-A4A402D9E1CC.png

So I apply, 8 months goes by, and despite written email requests SilencerCentral.com will not tell me when they are shipping it.

Thanks in advance,
CJ

Do-it-all cans, might do it all, but they do none of it well... Keep that in mind. I would recommend getting a good .30 caliber (Dead Air Nomad-L or Nomad-LT) or .338 Caliber can (TBAC Ultra338 or OSS HX QD 338 Ti) for the rifles, and a Rugged Obsidian 45 for the pistol caliber stuff. The Rugged Obsidian 45 can handle up to .350 Legend, .44 Mag, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, & .45-70 Gov't with 16" or longer barrels. It's a VERY stout pistol can, but also VERY lightweight, and modular.

Learned something new today.

Huh. Every time I’ve had a suppressor or machinegun transferred to me I’ve had to fill out a 4473 w/out a subsequent NICS check, as a record of the physical transfer. That’s across at least three local dealers, so they all seem to be under the impression it needs to be done.

Is this a recent interpretation shift? Are other shops advertising this “direct to house” service for in-state customers?

Silencer Central is obviously dedicated to the ability if they went through the trouble of setting up licenses in 42 states and presumably 41 partnerships with someone to serve as the license address and middle man for each 41 non-headquarters state.

Of course they are responsible, but the 8 months starts all over again since it was stolen. Silencer Central are D*m8f*ck$ and mailed it, not requiring a signature. A thief opens the mailbox a half mile from my house and now a criminal has a device a criminal is not supposed to have.

The ATF paperwork maps to a serial number, not a general device.

So I have to start all over.

CJ
OK ... that makes sense ... Bad News: Timer restarts - Good News: The FFL pays for it.

I understand the OPs frustration. The info on the sellers site implies they use UPS (guy in brown uniform at the door).

For those of us living rural, our mailboxes are often far from the actual residence. Anything of value I have shipped fedex or UPS as they do drop on our doorstep. Signature should ABSOLUTELY be required on any suppressor it seems foolish to not.

Reactions: bithead007
@HansohnBrothers has already confirmed in another thread, that they send the paperwork via mail, then ship the can when they receive it. It’s commonplace.

To my knowledge in States like here in Wyoming, the 4473 needs to be filled out but not run through the BG check system. Same as buying a gun with a ccw here, fill paperwork, no BGC. I am sure Hansohn will correct me if I am wrong.

Next all you folks need to sign up for US Postal’s informed delivery. Though not perfect, it will send you tracking of incoming packages. Even one you are unaware of. Then you can manually set up tracking notifications to text or email to get real time updates. I had a package mis-delivered yesterday (my fault). When I got the delivery notification and realized my error, I pounced like a leapard on fresh kill. Disaster averted.

Finally these jack-holes that send these cans without adult signature required need a proper chastising. I am older and spend too much of my life waiting for cans to have that “time” stolen from me. So far as I know a suppressor is akin to a firearm so I am pretty sure the law dictates a signature required. Common fucking sense certainly does........

@HansohnBrothers has already confirmed in another thread, that they send the paperwork via mail, then ship the can when they receive it. It’s commonplace.

To my knowledge in States like here in Wyoming, the 4473 needs to be filled out but not run through the BG check system. Same as buying a gun with a ccw here, fill paperwork, no BGC. I am sure Hansohn will correct me if I am wrong.

Can you clarify what you mean in the first statement? I’m not super NFA but I’ve never heard of getting a suppressor shipped to your home residence upon form 4 approval. It might be possible but definitely isn’t commonplace. Curious if this is new deal/ruling.

Can you clarify what you mean in the first statement? I’m not super NFA but I’ve never heard of getting a suppressor shipped to your home residence upon form 4 approval. It might be possible but definitely isn’t commonplace. Curious if this is new deal/ruling.
See post #14

My understanding is that since you are in the same State as your dealer they send the the 4473 to your after the form 4 has cleared. You fill out, sign and mail back. They mail you the can........

I am an FFL and you wouldn't believe how many dealers ship stuff without requiring a signature to save five dollars. Once I had to have my kid go pick up a pistol that was left on my front porch while I was out of town.
Dude, I was filling out forms for a SCAR17 last week and this random guy in his work clothes walks in. We were talking about fedex losing that SCAR, then finding it after I got a refund and recharged (being $6k on the hook until the refund cleared). He pointed to that guy and said "my first SBR was sent to him" --the guy was like WTF? And he explained it, went to where he worked. Then he said in the years he's been there they've delivered rifles to random houses, Rite Aid called and said they needed to pick up a bunch of rifles once, it's insane.

NFA shit is usually treated different and asses are held accountable over that.

Regular firearms, not so much it turns out. Not a big deal. Not kidding either. It's only a big deal if YOU fuck up.

I’m on Day 35 , Post 4473 and approval with them and have not received tracking or my suppressor yet

Already called them thanks, they do not have multi-caliber stuff like the Hybrid-46 that was stolen. I already bought a TB Ultra SR from them though.

Need to find a multi-caliber one.

CJ
Youve already got the best magnum can on the market, why not focus the other a bit more?

See post #14

I saw it the first time you posted it. It reads deliberately vague on the technicalities of the actual process.

This is what I found on another site after several search combos:

Silencer Central leads you to believe they are shipping direct to your door from South Dakota......they aren't. They use existing FFL/SOT's in each of those states who actually ship the silencer. If a company desires to do business in multiple locations a separate FFL is required for each location.....so Silencer Central isn't doing this from one location in south Dakota.
;)

It sounds wonderful. but unless you are living in a remote area there is little benefit and the process is a slight bit more complicated.
In a "Non Over The Counter Transfer" everything is exactly the same except:
Approved Form 4 (the stamp) arrives at the dealer/SOT
1. You fill out the Form 4473 at home.
2. Attach the sworn statement
3. Attach a copy of the state firearm permit that exempts the buyer from the FBI NICS check. (ATF already has done a NICS check on the buyer prior to approving the Form 4 but does require a copy for non over the counter transactions)
4. The FFL/SOT then forwards a copy of your Form 4473, permit and sworn statement to your CLEO.....and wait at least seven days following receipt by the licensee of either the return receipt evidencing delivery of the copy. THATS SEVEN DAYS after USPS returns proof of CLEO delivery.
5. Only then can the dealer ship the firearm to your door.

Vs

A normal "Over The Counter Transfer":
Approved form 4 (the stamp) arrives at dealer/SOT
1. You go to dealers premises, complete the Form 4473.
2. Dealer hands you the silencer.

So definitely learned something new. Don’t see myself ever navigating that process with any vendor. I’d rather have it placed directly in my hands.

So definitely learned something new. Don’t see myself ever navigating that process with any vendor. I’d rather have it placed directly in my hands.
Oh yeah either way I will not be “trying” this process. all carriers in our area disregard “signature required”..

I used to work in the same commercial park as a GS I used. One time I ordered a rifle and had it sent to them but since it had my name on it UPS dropped it off to me. I still took it to the shop to process although it could have "disapeared" at that point.

Next all you folks need to sign up for US Postal’s informed delivery. Though not perfect, it will send you tracking of incoming packages. Even one you are unaware of. Then you can manually set up tracking notifications to text or email to get real time updates. I had a package mis-delivered yesterday (my fault). When I got the delivery notification and realized my error, I pounced like a leapard on fresh kill. Disaster averted.

Finally these jack-holes that send these cans without adult signature required need a proper chastising. I am older and spend too much of my life waiting for cans to have that “time” stolen from me. So far as I know a suppressor is akin to a firearm so I am pretty sure the law dictates a signature required. Common fucking sense certainly does........
Yes, it is legal to ship firearms directly to the consumer if their state allows it. We are able to ship silencers directly to Virginia residents since silencers aren't regulated here. We do, ship signature required. There is an ATF process that needs to be followed: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regul...g-procedure-non-over-counter-firearm/download

Huh. Every time I’ve had a suppressor or machinegun transferred to me I’ve had to fill out a 4473 w/out a subsequent NICS check, as a record of the physical transfer. That’s across at least three local dealers, so they all seem to be under the impression it needs to be done.

Is this a recent interpretation shift? Are other shops advertising this “direct to house” service for in-state customers?
4473 is required but the NICS check is not since the background check has already been done during the form 4 approval process. State laws may differ of course.

Nothing new, we've been doing it for almost a decade now.

Reactions: 92G
My understanding is that since you are in the same State as your dealer they send the the 4473 to your after the form 4 has cleared. You fill out, sign and mail back. They mail you the can........

Informed delivery is great, however, I've yet to see ANY of my packages get scanned through it, only envelopes. May be a local limitation with USPS (just one of many) but I certainly wouldn't rely on it.

In this case, I contacted the vendor on Feb 28 in writing asking for shipping info. None was sent, but apparently they shipped it and "delivered" it on March 8 by shoving it in the mailbox. Since I wasn't looking for it not having a shipping notification or tracking number, and the mailbox is half a mile away, I'm not going to know they did that. On March 15 I contacted them and asked where is it? They said it was delivered and THEN gave me the tracking number. It was stolen, just like a previous MidwayUSA shipment was containing Hornady bullets last month. I called the post office and they said the geolocate information indicated delivery at the mailbox (not the house). The company advertises delivery to your door. So they didn't do that. I filed a TrustPilot review with one star and that got their attention and some action. I also looked up the registered agent in my state and prepared papers to file on them. The owner contacted me before I had to file the papers. We'll see how the saga turns out, but for now they are trying to make it right through an "expedited" ATF process. The jury is still out (pun intended) on this, we'll see how it goes. But a criminal now has something a criminal is not supposed to have. The Sheriff has been alerted and when I get their report I'll be sending it to the ATF.

CJ

I've yet to see ANY of my packages get scanned through it, only envelopes.
In my case it has worked near flawlessly. That could be geographical for sure. It is not however to be considered anything but a fallback in any event.

Picking an NFA dealer who doesn't have their head up their proverbial ass would be the first line of defense. Sending NFA items thru US mail, let alone with no signature is ludicrous. Too much of a risk. Form 3 dealer to dealer is one thing but post form 4 approval is another matter.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Do-it-all cans, might do it all, but they do none of it well... Keep that in mind. I would recommend getting a good .30 caliber (Dead Air Nomad-L or Nomad-LT) or .338 Caliber can (TBAC Ultra338 or OSS HX QD 338 Ti) for the rifles, and a Rugged Obsidian 45 for the pistol caliber stuff. The Rugged Obsidian 45 can handle up to .350 Legend, .44 Mag, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, & .45-70 Gov't with 16" or longer barrels. It's a VERY stout pistol can, but also VERY lightweight, and modular.

Thanks for the recommendations I'll definitely check these out. I don't think I'll have one suppressor, I'll probably have several.

Reselling them would be a problem though :)

CJ

Thanks for the recommendations I'll definitely check these out. I don't think I'll have one suppressor, I'll probably have several.

Reselling them would be a problem though :)

CJ
I just bought my 4th the other day... Trust me, it's a sickness...But worth it. 😂

You won't want to sell them, that's why you spend the money on good cans, and not cheap or shitty cans. Save up, do your research, and buy what you actually want/need. Then you'll be happy with your purchase, and will not regret your purchase and want to sell them down the road to upgrade to something better.

Hmmmm. Trashes Silencer Central. Has story that doesn't really add up. Wants to shoot 9mm and rifle with it. New member... Just say'n...

Thanks in advance,
CJ

Your saying an NFA item was left in some random mail box?

Reactions: Holliday
Yes, it is legal to ship firearms directly to the consumer if their state allows it. We are able to ship silencers directly to Virginia residents since silencers aren't regulated here. We do, ship signature required. There is an ATF process that needs to be followed: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regul...g-procedure-non-over-counter-firearm/download

4473 is required but the NICS check is not since the background check has already been done during the form 4 approval process. State laws may differ of course.

Nothing new, we've been doing it for almost a decade now.
Thanks for chiming in. It’s always good to get accurate intel in a thread like this. As for the signature delivery, I would expect nothing else from you guys. This makes the case that the selection of your NFA dealer when going through the form 4 process, is extremely important......

Reactions: HansohnBrothers