• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen U.S Roll Marked Remington 700 #G7008498

baker72

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
Concord ca
Hi guys, hope this is the correct section for this post. Unfortunately I had my u.s roll marked ser # G7008498 Remington 700 receiver stolen 4 weeks ago.
I've filed a police report with my local PD , This receiver was at a gun smiths for usmc A5 build , i had recently decided to stop this build due to funds being tight, im off work due to a knee replacement, the gunsmith sent back my A5 parts in one box, the barrel in one box and my receiver in one box🤷🏻‍♂️ i thought this was very odd but ok, all my parts made it and the barrel made it. The box that supposely held my receiver made it to my post local office open,
maybe the box wasn't sealed correctly, my regular Mail man a great guy said the box didnt have any extra tape on it, if lose packed it could of busted the usps seal there was no wrapping etc just a empty box arrived at the main po. my mail man reported it immediately to his supervisor, they sent it back to sender and notified the po lost and found, so it might show up. if anyone comes across it would appreciate them reporting it to me , from what i learnt i cant report it to atf directly but my local pd with whom i filed the report will , i know its a long shot but you never know.

thanks all for reading this.
Cheers
Will

Attachments

• A4A76244-87AF-4B1A-AF90-38AD2CBD6733.jpeg
    A4A76244-87AF-4B1A-AF90-38AD2CBD6733.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Hi guys, hope this is the correct section for this post. Unfortunately I had my u.s roll marked ser # G7008498 Remington 700 receiver stolen 4 weeks ago.
I've filed a police report with my local PD , This receiver was at a gun smiths for usmc A5 build , i had recently decided to stop this build due to funds being tight, im off work due to a knee replacement, the gunsmith sent back my A5 parts in one box, the barrel in one box and my receiver in one box🤷🏻‍♂️ i thought this was very odd but ok, all my parts made it and the barrel made it. The box that supposely held my receiver made it to my post local office open,
maybe the box wasn't sealed correctly, my regular Mail man a great guy said the box didnt have any extra tape on it, if lose packed it could of busted the usps seal there was no wrapping etc just a empty box arrived at the main po. my mail man reported it immediately to his supervisor, they sent it back to sender and notified the po lost and found, so it might show up. if anyone comes across it would appreciate them reporting it to me , from what i learnt i cant report it to atf directly but my local pd with whom i filed the report will , i know its a long shot but you never know.

thanks all for reading this.
Cheers
Will

Packing things in separate boxes seems odd... Perhaps it was an inside job. I hope you get your action back.

Reactions: baker72
How well do you know and trust your gunsmith? Sending things in individual boxes is odd, not taping the crap out of anything sent USPS is odd. On the other hand a gunsmith caught with a receiver that was reported stolen could be in a world of hurt, shouldn't be worth the risk to most.

Reactions: Bender and baker72
I guess it could be done, trust me allenone1 you're not the first to question the actions around the loss of this receiver. I would love to know what you all think the value of the receiver is? i mean its a nice roll mark but i dont for one seconed think this was a us service receiver , im now looking at getting my compensation from the smith in question, im not sure what the value should be maybe Six hundred for the G # receiver and one to three hundred for the roll mark plus but Im guessing.

cheers
Will

Last edited:
How well do you know and trust your gunsmith? Sending things in individual boxes is odd, not taping the crap out of anything sent USPS is odd. On the other hand a gunsmith caught with a receiver that was reported stolen could be in a world of hurt, shouldn't be worth the risk to most.
Winner winner chicken dinner…….

Guy named chris or at least thats the name he used out of paris ca , he uses the name twomanattack over on cal guns which is how i found him in the first place.
Sorry bud he’s not a good guy. Here is my post about my experience with him.

Ask your gunsmith to fill out an atf lost during transit reports.
ATF Form 3310.11
Ask for a copy of the report, so you can see if it's filed. I would also contact the atf directly, if he still has the receiver and it's not in his log books the atf will eat him alive. I normally wouldn't support the alphabet police, but they are able to trace stolen item decently well.

Ask your gunsmith to fill out an atf lost during transit reports.
ATF Form 3310.11
Ask for a copy of the report, so you can see if it's filed. I would also contact the atf directly, if he still has the receiver and it's not in his log books the atf will eat him alive. I normally wouldn't support the alphabet police, but they are able to trace stolen item decently well.
The gunsmith isn't a good guy. Read the thread in post 11. If this is how he gets taken down that would be good.

TMA is far too slippery to get caught in this trap. He almost certainly is up to something but will “find” it before it gets too bad.
“Not a good guy” 😂😂😂😂😂

Just tossing this out there cause this seems to be the first complaint of someone actually having a firearm stolen/lost by this guy......most seem to be unreceived items. What was the registered/paid weight of the package when the item was received by usps? Might be something they could look up for you in case you wanted to go to small claims. If it never was more than a few ounces upon shipping, then he sent an empty box. I know ups tracks weights throughout transit, not sure about usps

I n
Just tossing this out there cause this seems to be the first complaint of someone actually having a firearm stolen/lost by this guy......most seem to be unreceived items. What was the registered/paid weight of the package when the item was received by usps? Might be something they could look up for you in case you wanted to go to small claims. If it never was more than a few ounces upon shipping, then he sent an empty box. I know ups tracks weights throughout transit, not sure about usps
I never received a receipt from him i know when i ship i usually text a pic of the receipt so they can see its insured and the cost of shipping plus i type out the tracking number., ive asked for it but he hasnt responded to my last 3 texts.
I was receiving usps text updates, in his defense the tracking was on time and while at one of hubs it was delayed suddenly, so i think that maybe was when it was nicked , im not rulling anything out at this point, my best mate is a attorney, if i have to get litigious it will be not so good for him but im really not that type, i rather he just compensate me for the receiver and we can move on. if anyome has a Remington 700 receiver that's suitable for a M40A5 build & they want to part with it please let me know .

Thanks guys for the support

Last edited: