• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen! Very Special Handgun!

7fingers

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2012
Ohio
I would like to ask everyone to keep an eye out for a very special one of a kind handgun! It was stolen last week from a storage facility in Colorado and was a gift from me to my son Daylon when he graduated from boot camp. As you can see in the pics below it is very unique and means a great deal to him. Thanks!
IMG_0106.jpeg
IMG_0105.jpeg

That's a heart breaker! Good chance someone here will catch wind of it!

Reactions: 7fingers
Hope it gets found, but it doesn't seem like it meant much to him at all if he just kept it tucked away in a dirty and dusty storage unit.

Dang!
I had a gun stolen. I reported it one to the cops and it's been several years but it was never returned or found. I truly hope you find yours, chances are very slim.

Reactions: lash
There's no such thing as a "base armory". Each unit has their own "space" for an armory so to speak. Each unit armory access is controlled through a seemingly simple process of key access. Now COULD anyone get the keys, sure...it's not impossible. BUT could any person in a uniform just walk in and get the keys.....not really. So unit armory access is pretty well controlled.

Now storing POW in the armory CAN be done, the unit commander sets the "rules" with registration at the Provost Marshal being the #1 thing that is done first. If you think getting your POW out the armory is easy....well it's not....cause just opening the armory is a PITA.

Sorry about the loss, keep the faith.

Something as unique as that is not likely to see the light of day again. The person that stole it knows that is like taking the Mona Lisa, it is very unique and not a dime a dozen. It will likely be sold off to a friend for the same reason you got it for your boy. Only if it hits the open non face to face transfer states will you likely ever see it again.

Make sure you have the SN, and get a copy of the entry if possible, I have seen numbers just fat fingered. That will go out nation wide and if it hits anyplace that needs to run it to sell it, it will get flagged.

I will also say if you have anything that does not have a SN#, pre 1968 rimfire, remove a butt plate or heal plate, fore arm and put some form of ID in there, business card, tape with your info in there. If you shoot it a bit check it from time to time.

There's no such thing as a "base armory". Each unit has their own "space" for an armory so to speak. Each unit armory access is controlled through a seemingly simple process of key access. Now COULD anyone get the keys, sure...it's not impossible. BUT could any person in a uniform just walk in and get the keys.....not really. So unit armory access is pretty well controlled.

Now storing POW in the armory CAN be done, the unit commander sets the "rules" with registration at the Provost Marshal being the #1 thing that is done first. If you think getting your POW out the armory is easy....well it's not....cause just opening the armory is a PITA.

True, but way more than I wanted to type out.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Dang!
I had a gun stolen. I reported it one to the cops and it's been several years but it was never returned or found. I truly hope you find yours, chances are very slim.

My buddy had a sheriff call him 10 years after his was stolen. Found under the seat after a DUI arrest and impound.

There's always a slim chance.

Reactions: robot89

Depends on the base. The local air base has 2 armory's. 1 for all the cool stuff for training, 1 for the airmen to use.

It is the military, and it's going to vary wildly between branches and bases.

My buddy had a sheriff call him 10 years after his was stolen. Found under the seat after a DUI arrest and impound.

There's always a slim chance.
Your buddy is very lucky. I really hope I found mine too if there are any possibilities.

Good luck! What caliber is it? Hope he can find it, check pawn stores, local gun trading boards

My best friend is LEO in N. Colorado. I sent a copy of your post to him. I hope this turns up. One of my prize possessions is a firearm my Dad (RIP) gave me.

One thing is for sure, if criminals were not insanely stupid, we would be in big trouble. Hopefully this one plays his stupid card…….

Some of us had this thing called a family. Odd I know but for some reason they are usually cool with you keeping some of your crap with them.
Good point as long as it's a family member you can trust.

I'll add to it and I'm not poking at ya. I've got two brothers and I won't loan them my worst rifle. Trying to think if I have a bad one? :) Probably my rack grade Enfield Mkiv but the gun is in mint condition so that rules that one out.

I'd have one of my sisters hold my stuff for me if my wife or kid couldn't than I would ask my nephew to watch over it for me but the brothers.... not happening!

Reactions: oneshot86
Good point as long as it's a family member you can trust.

I'll add to it and I'm not poking at ya. I've got two brothers and I won't loan them my worst rifle. Trying to think if I have a bad one? :) Probably my rack grade Enfield Mkiv but the gun is in mint condition so that rules that one out.

I'd have one of my sisters hold my stuff for me if my wife or kid couldn't than I would ask my nephew to watch over it for me but the brothers.... not happening!
Good point. People also change on you,

Some pawn shop owner is now the new owner. Probably some meth head was breaking into storage units for shit to pawn. Here's 50 dollars for it and no paperwork.

Something as unique as that is not likely to see the light of day again. The person that stole it knows that is like taking the Mona Lisa, it is very unique and not a dime a dozen. It will likely be sold off to a friend for the same reason you got it for your boy. Only if it hits the open non face to face transfer states will you likely ever see it again.

Make sure you have the SN, and get a copy of the entry if possible, I have seen numbers just fat fingered. That will go out nation wide and if it hits anyplace that needs to run it to sell it, it will get flagged.

I will also say if you have anything that does not have a SN#, pre 1968 rimfire, remove a butt plate or heal plate, fore arm and put some form of ID in there, business card, tape with your info in there. If you shoot it a bit check it from time to time.
Not too long ago there was a custom rifle in TX stolen. Custom paint and Mausingfeild action. The person it was stolen from posted here. In about a year someone else here found it on Gunbroker. The only reason it looked diffrent was because the scope was removed.

Reactions: BurtG
Not too long ago there was a custom rifle in TX stolen. Custom paint and Mausingfeild action. The person it was stolen from posted here. In about a year someone else here found it on Gunbroker. The only reason it looked diffrent was because the scope was removed.
That should have been flagged when it went through the FFL transfer process. I would think most of GB transactions are that way.

This is why I said if he can get a copy of the entry into the "system" and make sure the SN# did not get fat fingered.

There are lots of places for human error to come into the picture.....LOTS.