• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stoner Barrel and BCG

sevensix2

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2022
America
I'm considering putting these in my M&P10, but I don't know much about them and the reviews don't seem to say much about accuracy or overall performance.
Has anyone got any experience with Stoner barrels and BCGs? Is the price too good to be true or is it g2g?
I really appreciate any feedback here, brother.
Be blessed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_020313_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_020313_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230313_020259_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_020259_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 65
For $99 bucks... I wouldn't expect very good accuracy. It "might" shoot ok, but given the current cost of ammo, I would rather spend that ammo money on a better barrel, and increase my odds of being happy with the accuracy potential.
The barrel is one of the most important parts for precision shooting.

18" 1n10 twist , Middie CL Criterion
https://criterionbarrels.com/produc...l-mid-length-gas-chrome-lined/?v=7516fd43adaa

18" 1n10 or 1n11.25 ( can't tell ) Rifle length gas CL by Criterion... phone FA for more specifics.
https://www.fulton-armory.com/barrel-20-308-ar-m118-1x11-chrome-lined-fa-by-criterion-2.aspx

Don't do it.

Very few people want to buy a 7.62 gas gun for plinking. Most are expecting longer range and better accuracy than a 5.56 gun. We tend to buy and experiment and tinker, and the latest batch of budget 7.62 guns - even well known names - are trash.

If you want a .308AR / AR10, SR25 style rifle, pick a reasonably good one, and you will have amazing fun at the range days for years. My personal recommendation is the LMT MARS-H series, as you can reasonably barrel swap from a chrome-line general purpose 16" to a star performing 20" stainless in .308, or move to 6.5 CM with the same gun.

Other good brands include JP Rifles, Knights (you will not find one, and price/value ratio is too high, unless you just want a KAC), LMT, LaRue, Armalite (more in the solid "B" player list), HK (I really like their long range package, but expensive), FN (Scar 20 is a nice place to be, but costly), Seekins. While not an AR platform, the Springfield M1A is a fun gun.

For $99 bucks... I wouldn't expect very good accuracy. It "might" shoot ok, but given the current cost of ammo, I would rather spend that ammo money on a better barrel, and increase my odds of being happy with the accuracy potential.

18" 1n10 or 1n11.25 ( can't tell ) Rifle length gas CL by Criterion... phone FA for more specifics.

https://criterionbarrels.com/produc...l-mid-length-gas-chrome-lined/?v=7516fd43adaa

https://www.fulton-armory.com/barrel-20-308-ar-m118-1x11-chrome-lined-fa-by-criterion-2.aspx
Solid response. I appreciate you.
For a couple hundred more this seems like the move.

Don't do it.

Very few people want to buy a 7.62 gas gun for plinking. Most are expecting longer range and better accuracy than a 5.56 gun. We tend to buy and experiment and tinker, and the latest batch of budget 7.62 guns - even well known names - are trash.

If you want a .308AR / AR10, SR25 style rifle, pick a reasonably good one, and you will have amazing fun at the range days for years. My personal recommendation is the LMT MARS-H series, as you can reasonably barrel swap from a chrome-line general purpose 16" to a star performing 20" stainless in .308, or move to 6.5 CM with the same gun.

Other good brands include JP Rifles, Knights (you will not find one, and price/value ratio is too high, unless you just want a KAC), LMT, LaRue, Armalite (more in the solid "B" player list), HK (I really like their long range package, but expensive), FN (Scar 20 is a nice place to be, but costly), Seekins. While not an AR platform, the Springfield M1A is a fun gun.
Already have the gun, just looking for a new barrel, BCG.
Thanks though.

So I’ve tried AR stoner barrels on my blackout and 5.56 and honestly I’m quite impressed with how accurate and reliable they are. I’ve been getting on average 1 moa groups with both of the barrels, and they shoot better then the palmetto stock barrels. I’m not sure if I just got lucky with these barrels, but for $79 I’m very pleased with my purchase.

I checked with Midway USA support, they said the following about the barrels specifically:

"The company that makes these is Moore's Machine Company. They also produce Bear Creek products."

Reactions: msgriff
I checked with Midway USA support, they said the following about the barrels specifically:

"The company that makes these is Moore's Machine Company. They also produce Bear Creek products."
BCA and Moore's are sister companies, owned by the Moore family/Eugene Moore.

I will say any trouble I have had with AR Stoner stuff Midway has replaced the part no questions asked. The upper I received from BCA looked like it was either used quite a bit, or it was sitting in a dusty shop covered in oil and some one started "cleaning" with an air hose. I cleaned the thing up, and it ran fine, shot two 5 shot groups right at an inch while zeroing at 100y, Several 1/2" at 50y {17HMR} and smacked a couple hand full of P-dogs. I inquired about a red dot I bought to get free shipping because it didn't seem to work. I have since gotten it working but 2 or 3 e mails went un answered about it. The thing also cost me like 10 bucks. Their shipping was also slow, but I would buy again. The upper 17HMR was only 240. I got the stainless 20" because i wondered about the 16" Nitride and phosphate barrels driving pressure up a little higher and not shooting as well.

I have a couple of their built uppers….5.56 11.5” and .300 BO 8.5”. Both on SBR lowers. I put an Aero AGB on both and swapped the charging handles to BCM.

5.56 has given me no issues suppressed or unsuppressed and just keeps running….It was bought as a cheap fun range upper to burn milspec 62 grain ammo and has served that role well. Accuracy…..I run it with a 1-4 lvpo and at 100 yards it groups pretty consistent at 2-3”. Have not tried any quality ammo to see if it is capable of anything better.

The .300 is a night time pig rig used primarily as a guest gun. Prior to adding the AGB it gave me some trouble. It was way too overgassed to cycle the 110 grain Vmaxs. Ran it for a while with 150 grain Federal Fusions to overcome it, but finally just added the AGB and tuned it for the Vmaxs and it runs fine. Accuracy…..using a thermal scope shooting at a 100 yard target with a 1.5” target hole backed with a handwarmer….it will put at least 3 of 5 in the hole and the others right on the edge.