• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes stoney point turrets

macv

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2004
no. wisconsin. USA
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Stoney Point target turrets are made for the Simmons WTC 18 rifle scope. I can find only turrets made for Leupold scopes. Thank you.

Re: stoney point turrets

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Those Kenton Ind. knobs look great. More to think about now. Don't you just love this site.

perhaps a moot point , but i have a set on a burris scope and while they do make it easier to make adjustments , they have one major flaw .as you turn the knobs on many scopes , they move in or out like a screw, so after a rotation or 2 the add on turret either no longer contacts or is binding the internal knob. my.02

hey 264 win, your 2 cents was too late . I found a set at my local gun dealer that he had had sitting around for 7 years. Made a trade with him for them. So I decieded to put them on at his shop on his counter while he held the rifle for me. After reading the instructions, we proceeded. The first several turns of the lower half of the turret turned easily and told me that it was not cross threaded. The instuctions said to screw it down until it hit the rubber washer. Now that became hard to do , but I finally got it all the way down. Now upon turning the top half of the knob,it felt funny and not the way a turret should feel. I decieded to take it back off and see if I could spot a problem. Well good luck with the removal. It would not budge. when I got home I tried useing one of those rubber pads that you use for taking off caps from jars. After some very hard turning, it started to unscrew. It sure did. But it was the scopes own turret that came out. SOB. So now I have to get it fixed with another turret. Will it be worth it for a 100.00 scope? And the scope worked so well before. Should have left things alone. And the target turret bottom half is still threaded on the original turret. From what I have experienced with the Stoney Point turrets, hope I never see one again. My big question is, why won't the btm. half of the tar. turret unsrew in the first place. Live and learn. And now you know the rest of the story.

Hi, does anyone know if Bushnell is repairing Simmons scopes? I have been told that Bushnell has taken over the Simmons products.Thank you.