• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Storing hard cases in attic?

TN-MadDog

Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
Ooltewah, TN
I'm trying to clean out my gun room and a closet to make room for even more junk. I have accumulated several plastic hard cases that I don't use. I thought about selling them but I'm sure I will eventually need them.

I was thinking about storing them in the attic long term. Do you think the extremes of temps will damage them over time?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Joe

Re: Storing hard cases in attic?

I've stored some in my attic, took a couple out 2 years ago, they were fine. I store some in a shed also, I haven't noticed any adverse effects.
I would think prolonged sunlight exposure, or oils and solvents would be their biggest threat.

i wouldnt worry about the actual hard plastic

the foam im not sure of.. i had one om my cases sit under a bed "not attic" for a few years... it was fine i just put some of that silica or moisture removing crap under and on top of the foam

maybe you can seal the openings with tape for extra protection or air seal the foam.. just an idea

Depending on the humidity in your area I would proboly put some of that silica stuff to remove moisture but other then that Id assume your set.